Sunday, June 29, 2008

What would life be without Girlfriends???


There is such a great bond that occurs with girls and their friends. When you find a true friend, a really good friend; the bond is amazing. I have a select few that I have been truly "connected" with. These are the girlfriends that when you see them you don't leave exhausted, you leave feeling rejuvenated. They don't require "energy" to be their friend . You understand each other and no matter how different you are you have a common bond of friendship. You share memories; you share stories. You have shared the good and the bad and weathered through it all. They make you laugh. You truly have fun with these girlfriends no matter what you are doing. You feel blessed to have them as your friend.

I am lucky enough to have a group of friends that are that to me. I hope that they are getting the gifts of friendship from me that I get from them. Like Leigh Ann said "we are her oldest friends". It is hard for me to believe that we have been friends for over twenty years now! and some of us (LAH) have been friends for almost THIRTY!!! OH MY! We have all shared so many laughs and tears and been through it all TOGETHER! So much fun. I had to borrow Leigh Ann's pictures since I didn't get my camera out at the dinner table.. I figured since she already did that was good enough for me! )

Friday night we had dinner out, and yes I was extremely sunburned! Have you ever tried to get sunscreen on two kids and then keep them still long enough to get it on yourself? My kids were so busy running and playing at Wild River Country that once they had their sunscreen on, I had to take off to keep up with them... therefore I am burnt everywhere except of course where I had my sunglasses. UGH!! That is NICE. Don't you love our self portrait? The other two girls went to the bathroom so we decided we needed a shot of the two "lobsters de jour". At least LAH was smart and put sunscreen on her face!

I did take a picture of "the girls" in the movie theater. How fun is that! We went to see "Sex and The City" and laughed; and some of us cried (Kim) but we had a great time. Sorry the rest of you couldn't make it. What better way to have a girls night than going to see a total chick flick. Kim and I definitely enjoyed the movie , so thanks LAH and Abby for going to see it a second time.

We got out of the movie at 1:20 am!!! and I had to be at work at 6:30 in the morning. I had a very long 12 hour shift. I have been a night shift worker since 1995 and for the past month I have had to work day shift and I absolutely HATE it! I only work two days a week but getting up at 5am is a killer. God knew what he was doing when he decided night shift was my future! and how wonderful it is that he gave me kids that would rather stay up late and then sleep in the next day. AMEN for that !!!

On a sad note, please remember the Brown Family. Today was the funeral and tomorrow morning is the burial. It is so heartbreaking to me to think of those children without their mother.; and Mark has lost his wife and best friend. This will be a very tough time. Please pray for them in their grief.

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

4 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

I don't think there could possibly be any worse pictures of me than these! ugh!

You ARE that kind of friend to me, Morgan. So glad I have you now and have had you since we were 5! You still make me laugh like no one else! I can't believe you had to work the next day. I am too old to be out until 2:00 a.m. I had to take a nap the next day. Ha!

I have been thinking and thinking about your friends. That is so incredibly sad. It breaks my heart.

Megan L Hutchings said...

Michelle ~ What a wonderful night!!! I must admit that I am just a wee bit jealous that you get to see LAH on a regular basis...she is my best Arkansas friend!!!!

Wasn't Sex & The City HILARIOUS!

Abby said...

It must be that time of the month because every thing is making me cry!!! You are such a great friend. I am so lucky to have yall!

The Polk Family said...

WOW...it just really hit me how long we all have been friends after reading your post...awesome!! I truly am blessed to have such wonderful, beautiful, caring and funny friends. Love you all!