Friday, June 6, 2008

"Summer of George"...and other things


Summer has begun around my house! Which means swimming and playing and lots of play dates. I am sure some of you have seen the episode of "Seinfeld" where George has a severance package from the Yankees for 3 months and decides to take the summer off and proclaims it "the Summer of George".. well that is a joke around my house. The kids and I swim, play and just generally take it easy so hubby likes to joke that is is the "Summer of George".

Yesterday we met some friends and we played all afternoon on this super cool water slide. The kids LOVED it! They were exhausted by the time we got home. I had a softball game at 7:30 and it was still really hot during the game.. so guess what we did.. we went swimming after the game, too. We love to swim around my house. We have play dates scheduled for Monday and Tuesday, more swimming and a trip to Wild River Country. So, the "Summer of George" has officially began. Poor hubby is having to work hard.. and don't get me wrong, I work hard.. it is just at night so I can play all day with the kids.

Our playset is finished and the kids have really enjoyed playing on it. We moved the play kitchen into the club house and that freed up a lot of room in Scarlett's room. If we are home the kids are in the back yard every minute possible. The clubhouse is HOT! I am not sure how long I would last in there. I tried sitting in it with them and playing "house" for a while but it got hot fast.

Hope you all have a wonderful "Summer of George". We have a lot going on so pray for us and that we make smart decisions and wise use of our time and money! :) Have a great weekend.

2 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

Way to go, Fred and Earl. That playset is awesome. I'm sure E and S don't even notice the heat!

Megan L Hutchings said...

The playset looks AMAZING!

Also, we saw that waterslide at Linens N Things...it is AWESOME!