Wednesday, June 4, 2008

On a roll today...



Well, I am on a roll today, as if I have nothing better to do than to sit her blogging away on my computer. Leigh Ann and Kim's post with their beautiful kids got me to thinking what it is that I love so much about my kids features. It took me a while to narrow it down, just like I am sure it does for every mother.

I just LOVE Ethan's red curly hair. Growing up red hair was not cool and it definitely was not cool for a guy to have red hair. You just thought of a red headed guy and thought "EWW".. but I look at Ethan and I see gorgeous and adorable. I just love his hair, it fits his personality so well. Ethan is such a sweet child. Some days I really think someone handed out the personalities backwards at my house! My favorite thing about his face are the small freckles across his nose. They are so cute and the way he will crinkles his nose when he doesn't understand something. Those are just a couple of my favorite things about Ethan.

Scarlett is easy as well. I love her big blue eyes. They tell a story. Trust me you can read her eyes and know if she is sad, happy or just really mad. She doesn't hide her emotions very well and her eyes give her away. Just three months ago I would have said I loved her long blonde hair, but she took care of that one for me. I do love her short blonde hair just the same, it is just harder for me since we were used to pig tails and ponies. I love so much about both my kids. I feel so blessed to have two beautiful healthy children. I thank God for them everyday and feel so lucky to be with them everyday.

3 comments:

Michele said...

OH - I love that pic of your son - what a great shot! And as soon as I scrolled down and saw your daughter, my first thought was "wow - those eyes!"

Thanks for sharing - great photos!

Megan L Hutchings said...

The picture of Ethan is too cute! I will have to agree about having a son with red, curly hair...they are the BEST!

Leigh Ann said...

Of course, I love E's red hair (he reminds me so much of you as a kid) and S's blue eyes. They are both beauties.