Friday, June 20, 2008

and you thought they didn't listen...

I am a total nut when listening to songs and lyrics. I want to know the meaning behind every song I hear. Well, not too long ago one of my favorite songs was very concerning to me. Hubby and I would talk about it a lot and I had said in talking ".. well I wonder if this is a true to life song, you know she got DIVORCE(D) right around the time she wrote this..." We continued our conversation and nothing else was mentioned. Flash forward to Thursday PM in my van with the kids and that same song comes on my IPOD. Ethan being the grown up that he is says, "..what is this song about anyway.. you think it is about "DA HORSE" (the horse).. you know she got "da horse" right around the time she wrote this song.. why would she be sad about her horse..." So, they are listening, maybe not understanding everything you say, but there are definitely little ears always tuned in to your conversations! I just laughed and said, "I don't know, Ethan, we can't figure this one out either"...

1 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

They DO listen to everything. Ella Grace is repeating me already!