Friday, June 27, 2008

Terabithia and other Things..


In previous post we have established that my kids have a very active imagination. Yesterday was no exception. While staying at my mom's house they decided that her front yard and ditch area looked like Terabithia. We made a seat out of sticks, Uncle Matt helped them set a flag up and once my nephews were present they introduced them to Terabithia. I am not sure the younger two shared their enthusiasm but Andrew (7) definitely got it and he helped with the planning. Ethan would be outside 12 hours a day, and he would be able to entertain himself for 10 of those hours. Here is a cute picture of all the kids sitting on the actual "Bridge" to Terabithia. It is so much fun to watch the kids come up with so many different scenarios and they bring home so many "treasures" according to Ethan. They may be nothing but trash but to them on their adventures they are treasures.

We ALL had dinner at my mom's house and when I say ALL of us.. I mean brothers, wifes, kids...ALL of us. Which means fourteen of us to be exact! I think my mom really enjoys getting us all together, although I am sure it is stressful, too. My oldest brother is leaving for Alaska on Sunday to work on an oil rig for four weeks before getting to come home for two weeks. Pray for him and his travel. Definitely pray for his wife, Angie, she will be home with all four boys by herself and I am sure that will be more than a little tough. Michael will be in Dead Horse, Alaska, which is at the "end of the world". It will be about as far North as you can go, 250 miles from the North Pole.. so it is cold, cold, cold! Population of 26!!!! That would be the worst part, there is nobody around, nothing to do. Better him than me, but I did leave him with the message to "not go crazy!".. I know I would.

He has vacation too be excited about. He comes home just in time to go to our second annual beach trip. All fourteen of us are traveling to the beach and staying in one VERY big house. We did this last year and had the best time. We are on a private beach and the house has a big pool so the kids are in heaven. The adults are in heaven because it truly is a week of relaxation.


Hope you all have a wonderful Friday! We are off to Wild River Country..I have promised them long enough that we would go.. so hopefully today it will go smoothly.

1 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

I just love your mom. I've always thought she was "the hostess with the mostest!" Your family sure has grown! I bet you have so much fun when you all get together! I will pray for Michael. I admire him for going. I will also pray for Angie. All I can say is, "Wow!" Oh, and I like her blond hair. It looks really good on her. See you tonight! :)