Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Walking after dark...

Ethan had a soccer game at Burns Park at 5:45 and from there we went to the grave yard, literally. Tuesday night was the annual "Tales of the Crypt" event at Mount Holly Cemetery. The kids enjoy going to this even every year. It is so fascinating to learn small tidbits and facts about people in Arkansas. It is so funny how these two have such great memories. They remembered the characters from last year and even some of the stories that were told. I really thought they understood that these were "actors" until the very last story and the character mentioned that he "..died from a massive heart attack..." and Ethan turned to me and said, ".. if he died, how is he still here..". So, maybe we don't quite understand what is going on! ha!

Scarlett looks really colorful in this picture, but this is what happens when a five year old decides she knows what "fashion" is and wants to dress herself in her cool fashions. I figure there are bigger battles to fight than worrying about her having on socks with her pink crocs! ha!

We went to eat at our favorite Mexican place, Senior Tequila and from there off to look at Halloween lights. Yes, not quite as many as Christmas but we managed to find some really cool lights. There was one super cool house that had up a fence, carriage and all of the trimmings, the kids LOVE this house. We pulled up close and I took a picture.. with the flash on.. so if it is anybodies house that reads this.. I am sorry, but we really love your decorations! :)

From there we went home. I love spending time with my family. A good night out on the town with my three favorite people is always on the top of my list! :)

7 comments:

tondays said...

was at Tales of the Crypt last night too - took our Girl Scouts. First time for me - it was awesome; will definitely be a yearly event for us from now on. Unfortunately, we only had time for one side - the north side, next year we will go earlier so we can do both side. Many fascinating stories.

tondays said...

almost forgot, stop by my blog soon, I left you a surprise.

Scrapper Mom said...

Helloooooooo!!!Thanks for stopping by. It's so nice to meet new bloggers especially fellow Arkansas ones. Hey, is that the cemetary behind that Sonic?? That place really creeps me out. I can't stand driving by even in the daytime.

Michele said...

I didn't realize anyone did lights for Halloween - but that house was pretty cool!

Givens-Craig Family said...

What a great night. Maybe next year, we'll be able to head out there with you guys. I love the first photo. Both kids look adorable.

Megan L Hutchings said...

WOW! What a fun-filled exciting evening. I think they do something similair here in the boro, but V-man is still a little too young ;)!

Love S's bow ;)!

Leigh Ann said...

I know exactly which house that is. We go there some on Halloween for their Halloween party. They really go ALL out with decorations and their family always has the best costumes.