Saturday, October 18, 2008

Laughter...

Doesn't laughter just make your heart feel good? I love to hear my kids laugh! When I hear them giggling and laughing it makes me smile even if I have no clue what they are laughing about. They learned the joys of spinning in a swing this week. Did you do this as a kid? Spin the swing around as much as you can and then just let go and you take off spinning? I remember doing this as a kid and just LOVED it. Apparently my kids love it, too. Scarlett looks like a little torpedo spinning around and around. Our neighbors probably think we are nuts. Between me on the trampoline playing "Red Light Green Light" and the yelling my kids do in the backyard. I bet they are ready for us to MOVE!

We did a lot of playing outside this week and once the kids were inside they were bored! I do not like hearing that word! I think with all the toys, games and other things they have around them they can come up with something. I tell them all the time to use their imagination. One after noon they asked if they could use some of my scrapbook tools. Of course they could, but just what were they going to make. Imagine my surprise when this is what I found...a homemade checkers game! I laughed and then I felt a little bad as if my kids were deprived of something. I supposed I could buy them a real checkers game! But then again that would have taken away a whole afternoon of fun they had with my circle punch. I love when they are creative and come up with things on their own. They had a good time playing checkers even though the paper checkers don't last a whole game! ha! They kept coming back in the room to get more circles to finish the game. Too funny!

Today is Saturday and we are off to Ethan's baseball game in a little bit. Scarlett is going to her first concert tonight. Her little friend Avery and her are going to the Cheetah Girls. What fun! We went shopping last night with Nana and she talked her into buying her some "fashion" so she would look "cool" tonight! OH MY!

I will definitely have to take lots of pictures. She is so excited!

Have a great day!

2 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

I love that they made a checkers game. Now, that is creative! When we were little and said we were "bored," my mom made us dust. It only took a couple of times, and we never said it again. Ha!

Megan L Hutchings said...

They are just as creative as their mother ;)!