Tuesday, October 7, 2008




It is almost Wednesday, Hump Day, and my week off is almost over. I hate it when my time is up and it is time for me to work again. Makes me sad! But the good thing for me is that my Monday is also usually my Friday! ha! Can't get too bad when you only work one day and then off again. I was spoiled this week I have had seven uninterrupted nights at home with my family. What fun! A week of home cooked, slaved over meals, freshly laundered clothes all neatly folded and put away, a totally spotless house and kids nestled in their bed by nine pm each night... Wait, a minute.. that's not my life! Okay, so I have cooked; not my finest but the family has had a prepared meal each night, and the laundry is finished; its just not folded and put away. I still have three days off, so there is hope (Don't start jumping up and down just yet, my sweet husband.)

Today was going to be the day of a nice home cooked meal (I have promised the family chicken and dumplings for about three weeks), except we spent too much time at the park. OOPS! We really only intended to do our Science lesson at the park, but the kids were so good and worked so hard we had to play just a little bit. They each had a hypothesis they wanted to test. They wanted to see how different leaves and tree trunks were based on the kind of tree. They were so cute tracing and collecting leaves and tree bark. Until Scarlett was almost attacked by the ducks! She left her French fries laying around just a little too long. They were working so hard and the next thing we know we are surrounded by about 8 hungry ducks!


We learned about living things in our science lesson today and what they needed to grow and change (It was funny that just as we were talking about living things needing food, here came the ducks!) . How appropriate! Guess that is why the kids opted to give them all their left over fries. I couldn't really argue, that would have ruined our lesson.


We stop by the playground and play for a while and then once we get back to our car this nice old man is flying a kite. He entertains the kids a while with his kite and even has some neat tricks. He let's Ethan and Scarlett draw faces on balloons and he send them up on his kite string until they are with the kite. They really enjoyed that. He pulled his kite back in and gave them their balloons. They thought he was a really cool old man! :) Here is Ethan's smiley face balloon coming back on the kite. You notice we are minus a balloon. I was real proud Scarlett held her melt down for me once we got in the car. The doors close and the car starts and as we back out of the parking space she starts wailing! She doesn't have a balloon!!! OOOHHH NOOO! We are in a major melt down crisis! About that time my mother calls and she is on her to Kroger. Thank goodness for Nana's that can not stand to hear their "babies" cry! She promised to bring Scarlett a balloon. Melt down averted. Thank you!!!

Next we are off to the "new" house to meet daddy and work on a few things. Daddy arrives and we get to work, but only after a quick game of Basketball. Ethan got a new "big boy" Basketball goal for his birthday. He LOVES it! They played a quick game, that I believe Ethan won; Or at least that is the story I was told.

This is thrown in as a bonus. :) Ethan bought a guitar with his birthday money (I will have to to take pictures of Star Wars underwear wearing, guitar playing bandito) and yesterday to get him to write sentences, I told him to write me a song. Worked great! A six sentence song with punctuation and capitalization correct all about loving to play BALL (any kind of ball) being strummed on the guitar and sung by a seven year old can not be beat! :) Coincidentally, the guitar he picked out looks like this one;
and he picked it out because it reminded him of the Tennessee Titans; his favorite NFL team.

What fun we are having in my house with this new guitar. I have sang a few ditty's for hubby as well! He loves to hear me play and sing my guitar. Right, dear????


That is about it for our week so far! Hope you are having a great one, too.

5 comments:

Givens-Craig Family said...

I'm not sure which part of this post is my favorite. I love the ducks and the kites but the big boy basketball goal is wonderful too. I think I know someone who will want to come play basketball with his buddy! However, I am thinking the guitar is actually my favorite. Hayden has already announced that he is asking Santa for a guitar for Christmas. He loves to write songs and sing for us. Maybe we have a hit duo in the making! (Brooks and Dunn part II?)

Megan L Hutchings said...

I have decided that I love your family more and more with every post you write!

I have never seen such magic done with a kite, but that is so cool ;). Also, I love the guitar! Ethan is one smart cookie to love the Titans...5 and 0!

Anonymous said...

You have such lovely days... When you worte about your week, though, I thought, how can she blog AND keep a perfect house!!! Classic! I have spent WAY too much time on the computer lately. I'm starting to feel a tad guilty. I must go and 'spotlitise' my house(!!!).

Before I go, though, are you teaching Ethan the guitar? I just put our two guitars in the music shop yesterday to be re-strung, so Eli and I can have lessons together from a music teacher. But, my husband's having one of his objectional(!) moments, concerned I'm spendning where I shouldn't (!please!...), and someone I talked to a while ago said they were self-taught. Just wondered about how you were going about it...

Anonymous said...

I really must start reading over my comments before I 'send' them. I just read over it to check if it went through and saw my sleepy mistakes... Where's my red pen?!!!

tondays said...

hope the rest of your week went well. i think i recognize the lake where the ducks are, we must live closer together than I realized.