Monday, October 27, 2008

All things SPOOKY!!!

Monday was the the day we finally were able to fit in BOO AT THE ZOO. This is an annual event for us. The kids just love it! Any excuse to get dressed up in their costumes is a good thing to them. This year with all the craziness going on I didn't get their costumes ordered in time, so neither one of the kids are what they originally planned to be. We compromised and it turned out really cute. Scarlett was Batgirl and Ethan was Batman.. but Scarlett refused to call him that, if she was "girl" then he was going to be Batboy!
Boo at the Zoo is always so much fun, but this year Hayden came to join the kids so that made it even better! They had a buddy to run around with and act crazy! Poor Hayden wanted to go in the Haunted House... or rather he THOUGHT he wanted to go in.. so I went in with him.. let's just say we didn't last very long in the house! I am not a fan of things jumping out at me and scaring me, but he definitely wasnt'. But he was the bravest of the three, he at least made it IN the door!




The kids get a bucket FULL of candy! It was funny, we noticed at one point that Scarlett had almost double what the boys had. It must have been her good looks! :)

They rode the train, and the merry go round and went to all the Trick or Treat booths twice. They had a great time!
After we were all done at Boo At the Zoo we looked at more Halloween lights and then had to race home for some Monday Night Football! Ethan had it recorded on the DVR, his Titans were playing he had his match ups all set. Two years ago this set of mini football helmets was ALL Ethan asked for for Christmas. What four year old asks for that??? He took every helmet this week and put them all beside who they were going up against and the buy week teams lined the side of the case. He was so funny! He did it all by himself. He gets the Sunday sports section and uses the match ups to place his helmets in the right order. He may love baseball and soccer, but he is a QB in the making at heart! :)
Lastly I thought I would share with you my front door decoration. With us hoping to be moving soon, I did not get our Halloween decorations out this year, much to my children's dismay. Scarlett being so unhappy with that, she made me a ghost for the front door. :) She was so proud of herself . She made me a ghost or a zombie. We choose to put the ghost on front door! :) Happy Halloween everybody!!!

2 comments:

Givens-Craig Family said...

I am LOVING the front door decoration. Scarlett is just too precious. Thanks for sharing Boo at the Zoo with us. We all had a great time. I cannot believe you did not mention the man on the carousel who did not look like he might not make it through the ride. HA Guess where Hayden slept last night? On the way home, he asked us to please talk about something nice and not scary. I'm still laughing.

Megan L Hutchings said...

All I can say is I love your son!!! GO TITANS ;)!

They both look so cute in their outfits ;)!