Sunday, October 19, 2008

Party like a Rock Star!

Saturday and Sunday have both been filled with lots of fun! Apparently I was feeling a bit hubby deprived and a little sleep deprived on Saturday. Hubby and I stayed up until 3am doing what we love to do, just watching music videos and talking. I miss getting to just sit around and talk to hubby and music is definitely a huge bond between us. This whole week had left me exhausted and Sunday I played catch up on my sleep. I woke up at 1:30 this afternoon!!! Looking VERY scary but feeling oh so rested hubby just laughed when I walked into the living room and said "I guess I was tired!". UH DUHH!!
After Ethan's baseball game Scarlett and I headed out for girls day (Friday night was our usually scheduled girls night with Nana..it didn't count). We had lunch at a place called ZaZa, all I can say is YUMMO! It is a brick oven pizzeria with great salads! We met up with Ms. Michelle and Avery and had a great lunch. Michelle is one of my oldest and closest friends. At ZaZa they had a corner with the guitar hero video game out for the girls to play. They started their rock star date off right. Rocking out to "SLOW RIDE" . ha! From ZaZa we headed off to Alltel Arena and The Cheetah Girls concert. These too were so cute! They both looked rocked out in their cool "fashion". You should have seen Avery dancing around and singing. Who knew that $10 glow stick would bring so much joy to two rocker girls! The glow stick quickly became a microphone with every Cheetah Girls song they knew. Even the ones they ad libbed majority of the words. The funnel cake was a big hit! They both loved it and apparently the rock star live style can leave a five year old very hungry! Scarlett was so funny. This was her first concert and I wasn't sure if she understood just what a "concert" was, she said she did but I had my doubts. We arrived at Alltel and found our seats. There were video screens up playing music and Scarlett thought that was the show! She thought she was going to sit and watch music videos. When the real band came out, she looked at me and asked, "..are those real people?". From there I think we found another music lover! If she is anything like her daddy and I she will love live music of any kind! WOO HOO! I have a new person to go to concerts. I see another Keith Urban show in my future very soon! Introduce her to mommy's favorite! :) Or maybe that could just be a good excuse to go to another Keith show and sit right beside him, and touch him and get awesome pictures... AHH the memories. :) That was before I was blogging or you would have gotten an earful! Trust me!

On Sunday night Ethan sang during the worship service at church. He had told me he didn't think he was supposed to, but at 5:20 we get a call from his choir director, Ms. Jennifer, telling me Ethan was supposed to be there at 5:00! OOPS! Off we race to get him showered and cleaned. We make it there just in time. I sat in the pew camera ready and was going to get lots o pictures.. but you see what happens when your child is the smallest one on stage...you catch him walking in an walking out, but someone is always in front of them on stage! :) Ethan sang really good and he knew all the hand motions. I was so proud of him! He has missed a lot of choir with all our activities so I was happy that he has learned so fast.
Hope you all had a great weekend! We are ready for a busy week. Ethan has a soccer tournament next Saturday. He has decided it is the "National Championship" of soccer and has spent a lot of time practicing in the backyard with his soccer goal his daddy built him. He is taking this tournament very seriously! :) So, between Monday and Friday we expect nothing less than busy! :) Have a great week!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your girls night out sounded fun!!! Hope you have a great week and that Ethan enjoys his soccer 'Champianship'! Don't they take their sport so seriously from such a young age...

Megan L Hutchings said...

I remember my first concert...New Kids on the Block ;)! I think it is so sweet that she was excited to see the real people. LOL! She definitely looked the part of a rock star!

tondays said...

fun, fun, fun. I remember taking my daughter to her first concert - the awe & excitement of it all!