Monday, October 6, 2008

Having a WOOO PIG SOOOOIE Birthday Party

While sorting through all our stuff and making keep/don't keep piles I found this picture of Ethan just before his first birthday! How fitting is that. Who know what kind of monster we were creating at the time. Like father, like son. Ethan and his daddy share a deep love for Razorback football. Actually his daddy's whole family shares this love, and Ethan is no exception.

I just thought this picture was too cute not to share and it made me a little sad to see how little he was at one time. :(





















I think if we have not covered anything, we have covered that my Ethan LOVES football! and he loves Razorback football even more! He decided back in May of this year he wanted to have a football game for his birthday party. As the time grew close we learned that they do have parties at War Memorial Stadium (which is where the hogs play in Little Rock) and after hearing that Ethan would accept nothing else. So, red and white game at War Memorial is what we had.



This was so beyond perfect for Ethan! He was in HOG HEAVEN!!! His cake turned out really cute, it was a picture of him with the Razorback mascot at the homecoming game last season in Fayetteville.

I made a run through, just like back in my high school days. That was totally a "mom had to do it" idea. I just thought it would be a great photo op of the boys running through the paper and it was a great photo op if nothing else. Ethan had seven little cheerleaders at his party, but they spent most of the time in the locer room. They decided it was too hot.

They played really hard and it was really hot! I had bought those little gatorades for the players. That worked out great. They were so thirsty each time they took a break, they drank a whole bottle. The Red/White game last an hour and I think the white team won. :( Ethan was on the red team, but he managed to score a touchdown with a lot of flair. Check out Nancie's blog for Ethan's touchdown dive and his touchdown dance. :) He dove in the Arkansas end zone just like a real football player. I missed that picture, but Nancie got a great one. You will have to check out her blog to see the picture, it is too cute!. The dad's took this as seriously as the boys. They coached the teams and all the mom's cheered on the sidelines.

This was such a great day! Definitely better late than never for Ethan. He got so many nice presents and some great Razorback gear. He even got enough money to finish getting the things for his Razorback room. He is all set once we get moved in. I will have to post lots of pictures of his room once we get it finished. He told us on the way home that it was "probably the best day of his life, he had all his best things!". That makes you wanna ask if he wants to do it again next weekend! :)
Ethan had the best time and is such a lucky little boy! He has great friends and so many people that love him! I hope you had a wonderful 7th birthday party, even if it was a little late. :) We love you so much, "Eenie".

4 comments:

Givens-Craig Family said...

Hey, I bet I know a blog where you can see Ethan diving in the end zone! You might even see one of him doing his touchdown dance. :-) It was a GREAT day. You did so good.

April said...

Hi Michelle,

I came across your blog by way of Naomi's at Among the Gum Trees. So, you're from Arkansas, huh? That's my home state!! How neat!!
Born in Wynne, but I grew up in the Hot Springs area.

I love your son's birthday party theme! Gotta love those HOGS!! Even if they aren't having the best season, they'll get there eventually, I'm sure!

Your son must have been absolutely beside himself the whole day! I wouldn't mind having a party like that myself! How fun!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Haven't you been a busy Mum! I've just caught up on your latests posts after being away... That sure would have been a great way for a boy to celebrate his birthday! My goodness, I know what I'll be doing for my big boy's next birthday now - it's a great idea... only we'd be on a soccer field. I hope you have had one of your favourite drinks after such a big weekend!!!

Megan L Hutchings said...

This is absolutely adorable, fun, and perfect for every little boy ;)!

I love the run through...GREAT idea ;)!