Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Ten on Tuesday

I read Nancie's blog and she mentioned the ten things she loved about this past weekend, so decided to play along and do my own list of Ten on Tuesday.

I decided that in this season of giving, what better way to go into the holidays than with a attitude of gratitude. I often forget to count my blessings. I forget that I have more than plenty. One of my favorite books is Simple Abundance by Sarah Ban Breathnach. It encourages each of us to have a gratitude journal. It is amazing how your thoughts and life can be transformed by just being thankful everyday for the things in your life. In the gratitude journal you list five things each day that you give thanks for.

"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today and creates a vision for tomorrow."
-Melody Beattie

My top ten on Tuesday is my top ten things that I should be grateful for:
1. My kids are happy and healthy and loved beyond measure.
2. I have an amazing husband that loves me unconditionally.
3. I will soon be celebrating my 8th wedding anniversary.
4. I am secure in the knowledge of Jesus Christ as my savior! AMEN!!!
5. I am able to be home with my kids and be their teacher, their mother, their caregiver and so much more.
6. We have a home, food on our table, and gas in our car.
7. I have great parents that have always loved me unconditionally.
8. Husband and I both have jobs, and we have jobs that allow our family to be number one priority.
9. Something as simple as a Krispy Kreme donut can make me the "best mom in the world!".
10. I am thankful that I have FRIENDS.


I could go on and on with my list of things. I encourage each of you to end each day with a time of gratitude.

Thanks for reading! I am being called to the playhouse where Scarlett just found an egg.. remember our egg drop challenge.... and cracked it in her playset kitchen pretending to cook. YUCK!!! Apparently it stinks really bad... yeah, as if you couldn't figure that one out (2 weeks, hot sun, egg.. not a good combination)...they came running as fast as they could out of the playhouse and into the house! ha! I guess they expect mom to clean it up! I think I will just throw away the little pretend waffle maker if I can convince Scarlett that is the best thing to do.

Just another little extra: Today during our usually scheduled trip to Sonic for our Happy Hour drinks we order, get our drinks and began to leave. I have forgotten about the camel and did not notice that it was he that brought us our drinks. I simply paid and said Thank you and was ready to leave. Scarlett on the other hand remembers everything and as we back away simply says "Whew! I am glad he didn't smell like a camel this time!".

1 comments:

Megan L Hutchings said...

This is so ironic you brought up the gratitude journal. My friend just purchased a journal for me and printed off the gratitude journal instructions ;)!

We are all so blessed aren't we?!