Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Happy Anniversary, Hubby!

October 28, 2000 was a busy day! Who knew at that time just how much life would change in 8 shorts years. I remember thinking on that day that it couldn't get any better. Boy, was I wrong! How blessed are we that God always knows so much better than we do, and always has better things waiting around the corner. After 8 years of marriage and two kids, it just keeps getting better.
Hubby proposed to me on December 3, 1999 after dating for over five years! I was a little past ready to get my ring, and he had been given a small word of advice regarding the new millenium, and a wedding! ha! :) Not a threat, just some advice! The night he proposed was just perfect, I remember waking up and looking at my hand that night after I went to bed, just to make sure it was real and that I FINALLY had a ring on my finger and I was going to be getting married.

After almost 11 months of planning the big day arrived and it was nothing short of everything I wanted! I was so happy, and so excited to start my life with hubby. Here is a picture of our wedding party. We were so lucky that everybody was able to be here to share with us. :) If you look to the bottom left you will notice LAH. :) I think she was the first person I talked to after getting my ring! I couldn't wait to ask SOMEBODY to be MY bridesmaid!
From that night on life has just kept getting better. Sure we have our ups and downs, but it is the valleys that make the peaks so much more amazing! We went to Montreal for our honeymoon, and I laughed at the end of the week when it was time to go home and I didn't want to leave. That was THE FIRST time I had ever gone away from home and not called home crying. My poor parents have been called at all hours of the day by all kinds of people because I would be crying so bad to just go home. But not this time, it was so appropriate that I was okay. It was a huge sign to me that I found my new home and my new home was wherever hubby was. It all seemed just right!



So, to you hubby, I celebrate 8 great years! I know I harrass you about your list making habits, the "annoying" little things you do, but that makes YOU who YOU are! That makes you who I feel in love with. You are an amazing daddy; and just think you thought you didnt know anything about kids. :)

Thanks for being a great husband and even better daddy. Thank you for always putting the kids first and supporting me always. I love you! I cant wait to see what the next 8 years have in store for us.

7 comments:

Megan L Hutchings said...

This is so sweet ;)! I noticed LAH right away in that pic. I love that you have been friends for many years!

Givens-Craig Family said...

Ack, not another list maker??????????? Happy Anniversary you two! Here's to 8 more and then some.....

Leigh Ann said...

Awwww. This was such a sweet post! Your wedding was SO perfect, and I still remember it like it was yesterday. I still can't believe your mom made all of our bridesmaids' dresses. It really was a beautiful wedding, and you and Jack are such a cute couple with two great kids. You are truly blessed (and so is Jack...tell him I said so). :)

tondays said...

CONGRATULATONS!!! And a very happy anniversary to you both - and many more to come!

love the color of your bridesmaid dresses - beautiful wedding pics.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Hope you have a happy time celebrating. I agree with Tonda, the colour of your Bridesmaids dresses are gorgeous!

Michele said...

Happy Anniversary!!

Abby said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

By the way, something weird is going on with your pictures after this post!