Thursday, November 27, 2008

Wishing you all a blessed and Happy Thanksgiving

WOW, it is Thanksgiving all ready! When Thanksgiving rolls around I realize how fast this year has gone by, I realize how quickly everything is passing these days. Is it true that time moves faster the older we get???

I just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Thanksgiving. I remember growing up and being at my grandmother's house early Thanksgiving morning so my mom could help her in the kitchen and my brother and I would watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade. What fun! Now, I sit back and get excited as I watch my kids watch the parade and get excited over which huge air filled balloon will roll down the streets. Just once I would LOVE to be in NYC for the parade. That would be a thrill. I love going to my granny's house on Thanksgiving, not because the food is the best but because I have such a big family on that side. Her house is crowded, it is hot, but we have the best time. My granny had four kids and each of them have two or three kids and now each of use have two or three (or even four like my brother) kids of their own. Imagine what a loud house that is on Thanksgiving day! We sit and talk and laugh and of course the Dallas game is playing in the living room while the men pretend to watch with their eyes closed! ha! My cousin, Kristy and I , scope out the ads, and see just where we needed to be in the morning and divise a plan of who gets what for the other. I have much to be thankful for!

Now that I am older and married I have a new family. Hubby's family is wonderful! Thanksgiving lunch at their house has become our tradition. Hubby's Aunt and him fry the turkeys every year on Wednesday night. That is their bonding, their time together. We eat BIG at his house! It has become a joke that the food at my families house is not nearly as good.. so we fill up BIG TIME at his family during lunch. :)

As I sat and watched my children and husband sleep this morning I thought about how lucky I am. Even when things don't seem to be "right" they are still far greater than most. I have so much to be thankful for on this day and every day of the year.

I am a child of God, which is probably the single most important thing I should be thankful for. I have a wonderful family! I have parents that define unconditional love, I have two brothers that have great families and I love them all dearly. I have an amazingly good husband and two children that have blessed me beyond what I thought possible. We have our health, our jobs; we have plenty. I hope we are teaching our kids to be thankful. To be greatful in all that they have been given. The list could go on for days! I have great in laws that accepted me with open arms. I definitely can not forget my friends! I have some of the best friends any girl could ask for! I think long and lasting friendships are rare and I feel so blessed to have found a bond with such a great group of friends.

2008 has been such a great year for my family! We are blessed with so much. New friends, new house, new traditions. We are creating a wonderful life!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving! Take the time to tell those around you how blessed you are they are in your life! Wishing you all the best this holiday season!

3 comments:

Lindsay-ann said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you all.
Hope you have a wonderful day.
Lindsay

Leigh Ann said...

Hope you had a great day. I'm thankful for YOU!

Megan L Hutchings said...

I hope your Thanksgiving was full of loud, family time and delicious good ;)!