Thursday, November 20, 2008

Lunch with Hubby and "Flellie" comes to stay

Today we went to hubby's work and had lunch with him and his co-workers for their annual Thanksgiving lunch. We are so lucky that we are always invited to their parties.


We took a few pictures before leaving the house. The kids just love being the photographer. This morning we never did get a good picture of Scarlett and I. :( Lunch was yummo! I made the mashed potatoes.. well I sorta made the mashed potatoes. I used the new Steam and mash bags from Ore Ida. You talk about easy and good. One thing I do not like about mashed potatoes is the peeling, so these were perfect! Steam the potatoes, and mix the way you want with all the seasons and butter you desire.


Here is Ethan just before leaving. I wish I had a picture of him by the time we got home. He had shoes in hand and his sweater vest was long gone! We had been home ten minutes when I found him in his room playing basketball in his undies.


Our "elf" came to live with us today. The kids had to name him in order to "adopt" him. Naming this elf proved to be difficult. These two didn't agree on anything! I finally told each of them to pick one name they liked. Scarlett liked Ellie and Ethan like Flappy. So, the elf's name is "Flappy Ellie" or "Flellie" for short.


A rather uneventful day, just the way I like it. Hope you all are excited about this holiday season!



2 comments:

Megan L Hutchings said...

Flellie is a perfect name ;)!

Your hair looks super cute in these pics!!!

Lindsay-ann said...

I am so jealous of all your Thanksgiving celbrations as we do not celebrate it in England. I loved the beautiful photos of you and your kids. Flellie the elf looks to have made himself at home with you. Love the name.
Thanks for sharing.
Lindsay