Friday, November 21, 2008

Almost Home....

We are almost there! Our home is almost ready for us to move in and I am so excited! I don't think we realized how much of a project this was going to be and I also realize that we are no where near finished. We have done all the major work, but it will be a while yet before we finish everything. We plan to replace all the light fixtures/ceiling fans and all the interior and exterior doors. One thing at a time I try to keep telling myself, but I am the type that wants it all done yesterday! ha!

The big projects are all finished. My dad finished up our bar area and it looks great! Our kitchen looks completely different. I have to order cabinet handles and knobs and then we will be done. We bought a new dining room table and chairs and have it in the house just waiting for us to be there and use it for family dinners.

Here is a before and after picture of our kitchen.

These cabinets were taken out to make room for a light fixture so that we could use this area as a breakfast bar or eating are for the kids. I think we will probably use this A LOT. They can do all their projects, make their cookies and everything from this area.
The light fixture is a brushed nickel, so I am trying to find cabinet knobs and handles with the brushed nickel finish. I know what I want just have to find it at a price I can handle buying 60 of them! We have SO MANY cabinets and drawers in this kitchen.
Yes, this ugly ceiling fan is the next thing to go! We are trying to find a light fixture to go over our dining room table now. Hopefully I will find it this weekend and this fan can find its way to the dumpster. :)

I am starting to get excited at the thought of moving. I just hope and pray we are in the new house before Christmas.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope your wish comes true and you get to celebrate Christmas in the new home. How exciting!... In response to your comment on my blog, I will be starting serious Homeschooling in the new year, when our school year starts. So, this is preparation time - I'm, at this stage, gathering loads of info to put units together... fun! :)

Megan L Hutchings said...

You know I am praying that your wish comes true ;)!

Leigh Ann said...

Wow! It looks AMAZING! I hope you get to move in sooooon! Can't wait for a tour.