Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Fun time with Friends


This past Friday the kids and I went to Branson with Ms. Nancie and Hayden. What fun we had! This was the first time the three of us had gone somewhere and left daddy at home. Scarlett was not to happy about leaving her daddy home. It was so sweet that Friday morning before we left. She kissed him goodbye as he was leaving for work, and then she sat down and looked so sad. I asked her what was wrong and she said, "I just miss my daddy!". So sweet! We headed outside to give daddy one more kiss and hug before leaving. That seemed to make her feel better.

We took the kids to play at the Grand Country Inn and their indoor water park. What a great idea! They had so much fun! Nancie and I even decided it looked like fun and we hung out in the hot tub the whole afternoon. It is so much fun to just get away from things and have some fun with friends. Nancie and I only had mild ticks as we pass the outlet malls without stopping! ha! We decided it would be a great place to come back with the husbands and leave them at the water park with the kiddos while the two of us shop! Now that's my idea of a good time! :)



The temperature dropped while we there and we even saw a few flurries as we were leaving on Saturday. I hope this means we might have a white Christmas! I just hope it waits until we are back home from Nashville, TN to bring us a white Christmas.
That small break was just what I needed for a "new" attitude. I am getting excited about Christmas! I have started making my list and even been able to check off a few things for other people. I can't wait to put up my tree and decorate for the holidays. I can't wait to get picture of the kids in their Christmas outfits, make our Christmas cards, and finish our projects for gifts.
I think we are going to start a "new" tradition here in our house. What better time than moving into a new house to add a new Christmas tradition. Have you seen the book or heard about the "Elf on the Shelf"? The little elf reports back to the North Pole daily and then reappears on the shelf the next morning for the kids to find. I though this would be so much for the kids during the month of December. I can't wait to start his new tradition with them.

and on a final note, here is our little puppy. You can't tell much right now, but he is the brown one in the middle. He won't be ready until December 16th which is just right in time for Christmas. I am so excited to see the kids faces when they open that box Christmas morning. I think that will be the best Christmas gift I could give myself to see them as excited as I know they will be!
Hope you all are getting the holiday spirit! Have a wonderful Tuesday!!



3 comments:

Megan L Hutchings said...

I absolutely adore your changing backgrounds ;)! This one is just perfect for the holidays.

An indoor waterpark? What a brilliant idea!!! That is just the perfect place for the kiddos when it is freezing outside but they still want to enjoy summer fun!

That puppy is too cute! I can't wait to see the kids reaction :)!

Givens-Craig Family said...

The puppy is adorable. We had a great time too. Cannot wait to leave the hubbies at the waterpark. (Shhh, let's not tell them about the water spray from the big bucket -- just kidding) Hope everyone is still feeling better at your home.

Lindsay-ann said...

WOW!!! that waterpark looks amazing. That is just our kind of place. You all sound to have had a great time.
Your puppy looks gorgeous. You are going to have a wonderful Christmas welcoming him into your home.
Lindsay