Sunday, November 2, 2008

How about them HOGS!!!!

We left early Saturday morning for the drive to Razorback Stadium. Ethan was PUMPED!! He loves his Razorback football! We took Mitchell and Andrew with us to the game and they were just as excited. We left the house at 7:30 am so we could get there in plenty of time to tailgate. I was surprised that all four of the kids woke up on their own and woke up in great moods! Yeah for ME!

As we drove on the interstate here is a picture of the prettiest and brightest rainbow I have ever seen! How great is it to be reminded of God's promises with something so awesome! Of course, we took it as a sign that it was going to be a great day for the Hogs! :)
We got a great spot in the parking lot and set up our little tailgating feast. The kids had so much fun! They played football, passed out candy and ate a lot of food! We grilled hamburgers and hot dogs, had salsa and cheese dip and Halloween cookies for dessert. This was such a great idea, even if I had to laugh at hubby and his tailgate list! :)
After we ate, it was time to head to the stadium. I took one last picture of our tailgating crew, ready to head to the game. We told my 8 year old nephew, Andrew, we didn't have tickets that we only drove up there to tailgate. I think he thought we were crazy! Once I told him the truth and that we had tickets and even had a ticket for him, he was very excited. One of Ethan's favorite sights is Razorback Stadium. He gets so excited when it is finally on the horizon as we walk across the campus. I know I have said it before but this kid is a football star at heart! I think there is nothing he would love better than to be a Razorback football player. At the game I sat in the stands and as the crowd cheered on their Hogs, I thought about how it would be thirteen years from now and my child is on the field, his name being called and me, his mom, in the stand with a jersey on and the name CASH on the back. How awesome that would be for him and his mom... and definitely don't leave out the proud dad! We had some great seats, right on the 50 yard line! The crowd was fired up but by halftime my little cheerleader was over it. She was ready to get up and walk around. So the entire second half for Scarlett and I was spent in the food court, in Hog Heaven and walking around the stadium. She cheered more and louder while sitting in the food court. She put on quite a show for the final touchdown that gave us the winning lead. Razorbacks 30-Tulsa 23! That was a perfect ending to a great day!
By the time we returned to the car and headed on our way back home to Little Rock the kids were exhausted! My two, are night owls, so they didn't fall asleep.. but when Andrew did they got quite the laugh! They stared at him as if they had never seen a kid go to sleep in the car! Scarlett finally gave in and went to sleep but Ethan watched movies the whole way home. It was such a fun time and I am glad that Mitchell and Andrew were able to go with us. The kids love spending time with their cousins.

Today is Sunday and we are truly using it as a day of rest! Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!

4 comments:

Michele said...

What an amazing rainbow!!!

Lindsay-ann said...

Love the magnificent rainbow. Pleased to hear the Razorbacks won. It must have been all that cheering Scarlett did. she looks so sweet as a cheerleader. Thanks for sharing your wonderful family day out. I like the sound of the tailgating feast!
Lindsay

Megan L Hutchings said...

That rainbow is just beautiful ;)!

I am so glad you had fun tailgating!!!

Givens-Craig Family said...

I love, love the photos. However, I am sad that there are none of you! My family will just have to continue to "stalk" your family so we can get some photos of you too!!! Looks like everyone had a great time.