Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Train up a child in the way they should go...

While I am positive that is not meant for football! Ethan is being trained very well on the ways of being a True, RED, Razorback FAN! He and his daddy are true blue fans! I live in a household with two people that can not get enough of football! Ethan and his daddy live and breath football from August to January. Ethan is so funny, we took him to his first Razorback game last year and we are winning 56-10 but that boy stayed in his "stance" the whole game and clapped for the last play just like he did the first. He just LOVES football so much! His daddy took him to a pre-game walk through last year and afterwards I got a phone call from Ethan and he was so excited he had met and had his football signed by Darren McFadden, Felix Jones and Peyton Hillis. He was beyond cloud nine! Before Ethan could walk or talk he was carrying a football and he knew how to call those hogs! Here is a picture of his with his daddy just before his first Razorback basketball game.
Ethan and hubby are going to the football game Saturday in Little Rock. Ethan is SO EXCITED but he informed me that he needed a new Razorback shirt!

I have learned to expect my Saturdays to be filled with football. I planned a wedding around football and I have planned seven birthday parties! It is a way of life in my house. You learn to deal and sometimes you even learn to play along! That is exactly what got me started playing Fantasy Football with my husband and his friends in Tennessee. I LOVE it! I take it very seriously and I am a very bad loser! Lucky for me, I have won the championship TWICE! I won it the very first year I played. The money and trophy was nice.. but the glory was even better! Sunday night we had our draft and I got some really great players. I am excited about football this year. My team is called the River City Riveters and my logo is of course Rosie the Riveter


I am excited about the NFL kick off on Thursday night and a double header on Monday! GO RIVETERS! ha! I laughed during the draft the smack talk had began. I think I enjoy that as much as anything. My favorite is singing at the NFL kick off! That is right KEITH URBAN! Does it get any better??? I don't think so! I am excited!!!

3 comments:

Givens-Craig Family said...

Those photos are great. Hayden had that very same Razorback outfit when he was little. Too funny. See you soon. We need another playdate if the rain will ever let up. :-) Keep your fingers crossed for the "draft" tonight. HA

Megan L Hutchings said...

Michelle...I am right there with you!!!! I have prayed that God will instill Vance with the same love for football that Web & I share. Our team is called The Backyardigans!!!!

Those pics are so cute and so priceless!

tondays said...

just 2 words - GO HOGS!!!

we love RAZORBACK football around here too. we really only do college sports (really just the Hogs) so know NFL here.

Love me some good Keith Urban too.