Saturday, September 6, 2008

Weekend Randomness

I should be up getting my winter clothes ironed and tagged for the consignment sale coming up, I should be at the "new" house painting, I should be getting the house clean.. lots of "SHOULD BE's" but for now I am wasting time on the internet! One of my favorite past times. I started looking for the kids Halloween costumes. Our catalog came yesterday so that got me to thinking about this year and what the kids would be for Halloween. Ethan seems to pick a theme and stay with it for a while. He was a Power Ranger for two years, and apparently this will be the third year he is a character from Star Wars. We have been a Storm Trooper and Darth Vader, and this year he has decided on Jango Fett. Scarlett on the other hand has always let me pick her costume out. Of course I knew just what she wanted to be. She has been JoJo the Clown (which is still one of my favorite costumes), Minnie Mouse and a witch. I just loved the little witch last year. I dressed up, too and had the best time. It was the first time I had dressed up since I was little. This year I am trying to decide what I can be for Halloween, too. Scarlett decided she wants to be Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz. I think she just wants to carry a basket with a stuffed puppy.

Fall is my favorite time of year. I love Friday night football games, cool morning soccer games, and all the beautiful color. I just LOVE fall. I love decorating for fall! I love taking the kids to the pumpkin patch and taking pictures. My mom always makes Scarlett he cutest outfits to wear to the Pumpkin Patch. I just LOVE them! Here is an older picture of my mom and Scarlett. She loves her Nana SO MUCH! If I don't give her the right answer, AKA the Scarlett answer, then she wants to go to her Nana's house!
So, with all that said I am SO excited to start gearing up for fall! Ethan had his first soccer practice this morning. I raced out at 8am to buy him new soccer cleats since we discovered last night his from the Spring were too small and I got home and found out I was no longer "with it". He didn't like the cleats I picked out so I have to back to the sports store and return them. I think I may have reached the age that my taste is no longer cool to a ALMOST seven year old little boy! :) Ethan always looks so cute to me with his big soccer back pack on and his mis match clothes. I was told it was okay for soccer players to have on socks that don't match their shorts. Go figure. After practice hubby and Ethan are off to the Razorback game. Ethan is so excited! He just LOVES his Razorbacks. They bought a new tailgate grill and everything. They are going to do the "boys things" all day! Scarlett and I will be left home alone. What on Earth will we do??? I am sure we will come up with something fun for a girl's night.

How's that for some weekend randomness? We have a busy schedule ahead of us so I am sure there will be lots to post. Baseball starts Monday night, first soccer game Tuesday, OH BOY! Our NFL kick off party at our house is Monday night. Fall is truly arriving! :) I am so excited!!!

Have a great weekend! GO Razorbacks!!!!

5 comments:

Givens-Craig Family said...

I hope you and Scarlett have a great time today and this evening. I know you will. You crack me up about the soccer shoes. You know I would be at the store too getting my little fella some new ones if he did not like what I picked. HA Cannot wait to see you guys again. Let me know how baseball practice goes. Maybe if they can find a time when we are all in town and with nothing to do (HAHA) the boys can get together for some practice. We are off to Springdale shortly for the night. See you soon.

The Rodtnick's - Kerry, Amanda, Reece, Riley, and Ally Kate said...

lets see...
1. me
2.Velia
3.Gail
4.Katie
5.Jennifer Walla
6.Tara L.

Leigh Ann said...

E&S always have THE best costumes. I LOVE them, and your mom DOES make the cutest things for S. Wow! You are going to be B U S Y with all those activities coming up, but it sounds like you are geared up for it!

tondays said...

love the costumes. hope you had a fun girls day. HOGS win again! GO HOGS GO!! We need them to keep the momentum going!

Megan L Hutchings said...

I love the costume journey!!! The witch picture is too cute ;). Web and I have decided we are going to dress up this year too!

I LOVE FOOTBALL AND FALL TOO!