Sunday, August 31, 2008

The Bucket List

My Parents are so funny to me! They celebrated their 38th anniversary this summer and after seeing the movie The Bucket List they created their own "bucket list".. or rather let me rephrase that... MY MOTHER created a bucket list and told my dad they were going to do these things. You will find a theme in my parents wonderful marriage. MOM SAYS AND DAD DOES! Maybe that is the key! Hmmm... I need to get hubby to work on that one! :)

The first on the list was the Grand Canyon, which they did this summer. They enjoyed it so much! My parents love to travel and go different places. Next on the list was a Alaskan Cruise, but not only the cruise my mother wanted to ride the zip line. My dad is super scared of heights and if I know him he tried to get out of it but none of that ! So off they went! They actually enjoyed. I think my dad was probably shaking the whole time.

Parasailing was another "to do", which they accomplished that this summer. They joked about it on the boat and how they were crossing things off. I don't know exactly how many things are on their list but they seem determined to get them all done. Travel Europe is on the list, along with several other things. It is so cool to me that they are adventurous enough to get out and go and try new things. I hope after 38 years of marriage hubby and are so willing to get up and do. Of course when my mom was my age, she had a sixteen year old, ME! and I on the other hand got started late and have a five and six year old.

My parents have been such an awesome example of marriage. I am glad that I had some decent training to prepare me for marriage. It takes work! but it also takes lots of FUN! I'll have to talk to hubby and find out what exactly would be on his bucket list. First on mine is Disney World.. can you believe I have never been!!!! Now that E and S are old enough, I think it is time.. or maybe a cruise with my hubby.. there are plenty of things I can think of that I want to do. I need to go get started on my list! Hope you had a great weekend!!!

I actually have to get ready for my Fantasy Football draft....

3 comments:

tondays said...

how awesome to have such a great example of love and a lasting marriage to watch. looks like they know how to have fun.

i also just read your previous post, it was beautiful. thank you so much, we all need to stop sometimes and put things in perspective.

Leigh Ann said...

Your mom and dad ARE such a good example of marriage and also Godly parents. I LOVE that they have a list of things to do together.

I'm shocked you haven't been to Disney World. E & S are at such good ages to go. Y'all would have a blast. You should ask "Shortone" above about the Disney cruise. They had a GREAT time on that!

Derek swears the cruise he and I went on was our best vacation EVER (well, so far).

Love ya!

Megan L Hutchings said...

How sweet and what a great example of a loving marriage ;)! My parents have always been adventurous and I am so thankful it has rubbed off on me...hopefully Vance will get it too!

We went to DW for our honeymoon and let me tell you the best time to go is the week after Thanksgiving!

Can't wait to hear how the draft went!