Monday, September 15, 2008

A "i have no pictures" kind of post...

Well, I have been a slacker and not charged my camera! UGHH! Remember me telling you it went dead last weekend.. yes that is right I have gone a whole week without charging it. So in that I missed a lot of things.

Everything is so busy right now and I am so overscheduled a lot of days that it is getting hard for me to keep my calendar straight! Here is an example of how bad it has gotten. Friday night I was dreading going to work, drug myself into work at 6:30pm and didn't have a work load. OK, maybe I have the ER, go ask for the pager.. I don't have the ER.. I am not on the SCHEDULE! I didn't have to work, but on my calendar it said I WORK so I got ready and went off to work, only to be clocked in for six minutes! ha! I was happy driving home.

Ethan plays for the Arkansas Soccer Club. This is his fifth season to play, and he loves it! He had his first soccer game on Tuesday night and another on Saturday morning. We moved him up to the next age level so we could fit baseball into our schedule and I was concerned that he might be in over his head but after he scored five goals in his game I felt a little better. :) He will be fine, he has a real "eye for the ball" according to his coach. He finally has a real team with a name. He is part of the Arkansas Burn! :) Go Burn!!

I have been ironing, hanging and tagging clothes for our consignment sale here. I have to take them and drop them off tomorrow morning. I think I must have overbought for my two children! My house is covered with winter clothes. While I didn't have 30 pairs of shoes for Scarlett last winter like summer, I did have about 20! My goal this year is to skim it down a bit.

I was looking through my pictures on my phone and found this:

I think Ethan is afraid I may forget his birthday! Not a chance! Although I do wish he would just slow down a bit!!!

With all that, there is still a house to be finished, packing to be done and the regular duties of cooking and cleaning! UGH!!! Thankfully Scarlett likes to get in the kitchen and help me. :) Photographer Ethan took a picture of us making spaghetti sauce the other day.

5 comments:

Givens-Craig Family said...

Don't forget to send the soccer schedule. We cannot wait to see Ethan play.
See you Wednesday night?

tondays said...

it seems like once they start sports, it just hurls us into a busy we can't even imagine. hope it slows down for you soon.

Anonymous said...

Hello! I've popped over via Shortone's blog. I have a soon-to-be-three year old who shares your boy's birthday! What a wonderful day!!! I hope Ethan enjoys the celebrations... I read your previous post about 9/11, and just wanted to say I feel you reflected the thoughts and feelings of Mother's around the world. My eldest son was only 8 months when the tragedies occurred and I had the same concerning thoughts about the world and what he would be growing up in... But God is our Redeemer...

Hope your camera is up and running for Thursday!!! Enjoy the day with your precious birthday boy. Blessings. Naomi

Megan L Hutchings said...

I agree with Shortone...I hope you get to take a breather soon ;)!

Leigh Ann said...

That Ethan is just a natural born athlete! I need to come see him play some time. Good luck at DDG! 20 pairs of shoes. Seriously? Oh my word!