Saturday, September 27, 2008

Playing Catch Up

I always feel like I am playing catch up! Usually I am catching up with my very own mind. My mind is always racing ahead of my body! Today, I only have my blog to catch up on. I am hoping to get lots of fun things posted but I decided to start here; My awesome time at GNO on Friday night! Nothing can bring you back in control and make things right like a good laugh and a good time with your girlfriends.



I have been so blessed with so many friends. I have made new friends over the years but I have always had my "besties". Thinking about old and new freinds brought to mind a little "ditty" LAH and I were taught in Brownies (It's okay to laugh at all that now, LAH) "...Make new friends, but keep the old ones; One is silver and the other gold". Kind of made me realize that these girls are GOLDEN!

I have not been able to attend our monthly GNO the last couple of months and I have really missed it! We had so much fun Friday night, even though the movie (I think I suggested) was a real snoozer (right, Toni?). I wanted it to be really funny with lots of things to laugh about. The reviews were good, but it did say that was a "mature" "Sex and The City". I think we decided that maybe we were just not mature enough to find the humor. :(

I just love laughter! It is so contagious! We always laugh A LOT when we are together. Rather it is funny things that happen to us, or venting about husbands and kids, we find the humor in everything! A lot of things are not nearly as funny when you tell someone else (Unfortunately, hubby didn't quite think the shower cap story was funny, LAH).

All that has led me to what I found this weekend. I am trying to start getting a few things packed up and I was going through old pictures and I found some real treasures. Hope you enjoy the walk down memory lane. :)

This picture is from WAY back in the late 80's. Wow! Just look at those bangs. Back then we had nothing to worry about but our hair and make up. Don't you miss those days! It is so funny to see how we all have such perfectly teased and sprayed bangs. Do you remember the techniqued used to get that look????


I know this picture has some of the outsiders a little confused. This was our moment of glory. Our shining moment. We were OGHS Puttin' on the Hits Winners 1990! We worked so hard on "Summer Lovin". LAH, Tina and I were pretty cool T-Birds, and Kim was the perfect Sandy.


Here we are the class of 1991. Ready to take on the world and thought we had it all figured out. We are missing a few of you. Where were the two Abby's???

and here we are ten years later in 2001 at my baby shower for Ethan. Yes, I am the really large chick in the middle with the bows on my head. Thanks guys for making me look so gorgeous! ha! That day was so much fun. We had all waited for so long for LAH to get pregnant and we told everybody that she was at my shower. Of course, I don't have a very good "vault" so I had already told Abby, who was not supposed to tell, but she told LAH that she knew, and they both decided not to tell me that they all knew. Did you keep up with that?? Anyway, we were so excited and came up with a great way to tell the group that she was going to have a baby, FINALLY!!! We all had fortune cookies, and they could read their fortune or share a piece of advice, and LAH went last. When it was here turn she read her "fortune" and it said "A Bundle of Joy will arrive for you, in March 2002". It was great to see the look on some of the faces as they finally realized what she was saying.

We have always had so much fun together. I could bring pictures out for days but I have so many other things to blog about so I will stop here.

Here's to the best group of "besties" around! May we always be able to share a good laugh, a good time and GNO! Love you guys!

4 comments:

Michele said...

Love the old photos. I'm especially fond of the scarf necklace - that was one of my trademark looks as well ;)

Megan L Hutchings said...

What a GREAT post ;)! I am so glad that you had a wonderful GNO, even though the movie was a snoozer!

I also LOVED the pics! What a GREAT way to share some exciting news ;).

Givens-Craig Family said...

These photos are great. I am loving the big hair. Unfortunately for me, I never gave up on the "poof" and still work on that everyday before work!

Leigh Ann said...

Awwww I love this post. I love seeing all these old pictures. I took that one of you, Abby, Tina, Michelle, and Abby out by the field house. That was so much fun when we did our Grease rendition! And, I LOVED your idea for the fortune cookie. Seriously. That was THE best! You have always been part of me. I am so thankful you are one of my "oldest" friends. You can make me laugh like no one else! Thanks for the walk down memory lane.

P.S. Millicent didn't think my shower cap story was very funny either. I guess you just had to be there! Ha!