Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Just another day at home...

Today the kids had another great day of school and I must say Scarlett is doing FABULOUS! I am so proud of her! She does have to take very frequent breaks but that is fine, I totally understand. I am most happy that she is starting to ease up on herself. Today she did her math work and even did a few of the problems all by herself! I was so proud of her. She was proud of herself, too. She hung her math work on the refridgerator for her daddy to see when he got home from work.
Once school work is done we do a WHOLE lot of THIS...





and then some of this...



Today the kids did this...they tried to rub two sticks together and get fire; and no they did not ever get a fire started. I was sure enjoying watching them try. The moved all over the yard as if that had anything to do with why the fire was not starting. :)
After all this we went to the library, after a quick stop to Sonic for my Route 44 Diet Coke with Lemon during happy hour! :) It was so funny, I was pulling into my stall and the kids are yelling, "NO! NO! Daddy said NO! That we have to stop going to Sonic!". Let me tell you, I told them real fast I would like to see their Daddy tell me not to get my drink at Sonic. :) ha! Ethan told me he needed to see my phone so he could call his daddy. He could not wait to tell on me!!! I saved him the trouble , I called his daddy for him and told him I was getting a drink, he talked to Ethan and told him he could have one as well. We really do not deprive our kids, I promise!



Next we met Daddy to do some things for the house. We are finally picking out our flooring and we have been getting estimates on laying the flooring. I am so excited to feel like we are ALMOST finished! We looked at light fixtures for our bar, and fireplace and hopefully this weekend we will finish that project. Lastly we had dinner at Sam's Club. Where else can you feed a family of four on TEN DOLLARS! YIPPEE!!




Wish me luck tomorrow. We are doing a "science project". We love making or doing things from Mad Science. Have you ever bought things from them? We love it. We have made dinosaurs, been a dinosaur curator and now we will do the EGG DROP CHALLENGE. Sounds like fun, huh? This is definitely a outside project. I bought a extra dozen of eggs just to be safe. They have already decided that they wanted to do the Bubble Experiment Lab next. That sounds almost as messy as this egg drop. I am sure I will have lots of pics of this disaster. :)

Hope everyone had a great hump day!

3 comments:

Givens-Craig Family said...

Girl, I am so glad you blog. I had the Mad Science Dinosaur making kit to bring for Ethan for his birthday party! I would have felt so bad if I had read this after the party! YIKES. Hayden has been after me for him to get to keep it and make the dinosaurs so now he can. :-) I love that you can do this school for Ethan and Scarlett. They are getting to be kids, have fun and learn. (Yes, I'm jealous too!)
Sounds like the house is coming along great.
Tried the Diet Coke with Lemon the other day and you are right it is GOOD. You need to try the Diet Coke with Vanilla (Sorry Jack but she really does need to try it!)
Have a great Thursday. See you Saturday.

Megan L Hutchings said...

What a GREAT day at school ;)! I think it is so sweet that Scarlett posted her math work on the fridge!

I can't wait to see how the egg drop turns out. We did that when I was in 2nd grade and I LOVED it!

Anonymous said...

I'm praying, down on my knees-type praying, to be able to do for my children what you are doing - schooling them in their home. Your days sound so wonderful and fulfilling. Blessings to you and your little ones...