Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Dinner and a movie..



Last night I called my cousin, Kristy at 5:00 pm to see if I could talk her into dinner and a movie. This was not an easy thing to do since Kristy normally goes to bed at 9pm. She is an elementary school art teacher and I think it takes all the rest she can get to deal with all the kids! I convinced her it was the end of the year and they were only half paying attention anyway so dinner and a movie was just what the principal ordered. I picked her up at 5:45 and we had a great dinner at Whole Hog Cafe and then we even had time to run into Hobby Lobby and check out the scrapbook items on sale. Nothing much this week so our wallets were safe!

Next we went to see "Baby Mama". That was a very cute movie. If you have ever wanted kids and not had them you understand her dilemma. Everything around turns into babies and children. I remember the year prior to getting engaged the "baby fever" hit me and it hit me BAD! I think my now hubby was afraid to call me between 2:00-3:00 pm every day. I would watch "The Baby Story" and cry and then watch "The Wedding Story" and get extremely angry! It was his fault I did not have a baby and definitely his fault I was not married! ha! Luckily for the both of us things worked out; the wedding and the baby were soon to follow and I have been so blessed since that time.

I think Kristy and I will have to make this a monthly event. I talked to her husband first so that softened the blow and he was already prepared for her to go out by the time she got home. That worked out well! :) Kristy and I have been so close every since we were little. She is the only cousin I have that is even close to me in age and we definitely have a lot of the same ideas on marriage and kids. This summer we both plan to catch up on our scrapbooking, which also means catching up on some much needed girl talk!

Hope you are having a great week. Today we are off to get a hair cut (Ethan told me he had "hair cut" on his calendar for today) and gymnastics.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I want to see that movie SO bad!

Leigh Ann said...

I can't wait to see that movie. I think I would laugh so hard. Tina Fey and Amy Poehler crack me up!