Thursday, May 8, 2008

Happy 5th Birthday To My Little Princess

Today is my sweet little princess' 5th birthday! She has been such a wonderful blessing to me (on most days) ! There are days that I get very stressed out with her. She has such a strong will and attitude with a capital "A" but those are the days that I am gently reminded about that day at the ultrasound when I was told I was having a girl! I was so excited I cried. Husband has to often remind me of that day when I am at my wits end and ready to explode. I wouldn't trade all the drama for anything in the world. I love being "the dainty diva's" mom and can not believe she is five years old! Even right now as I type this and she is crying because her burrito has to cook for longer than one minute and she wants it to cook for ONE MINUTE and no longer! :) I have thought a lot about the things I love most about Scarlett:


*Her sweet sensitive side that is not always seen.
*The way she will hold my hand and tell me "it will be all right, mommy" if she thinks I am having a bad day.
*She still wants to sleep with me and wants me to "hold her like a baby".
*I love the way she loves her daddy, and how well she knows that she has her daddy wrapped around her finger! She will talk baby talk to him and get whatever she wants! :) She is learning well! ha!
*I love that she is very determined about everything. She does not give up on anything. Yes, it can be exhausting on days when the answer is NO.. but you gotta love that tenacity.

There is so much I love about her that I could go on and on. I am so thankful to have my little princess and be there for it all! The good the bad and the crazy! She can make me laugh constantly. She is very creative and very detail oriented. A perfect lefty! She comes up with her own ideas, for example.. this is her "FROO FROO" face. Why is it called that? Who knows, but that is what she has named it and she will forever call it that. She has a vast array of faces and they all have names.
She can strike a post in an instant and has been able to do that since she was VERY little!

Here she is not quite a year old. That was her very first Valentine's Day. My mom made her little dress and headband and was so excited that she finally had someone that she could make things for. Scarlett is always so excited to see her Nana coming. She likes to go to her house and help her cook, clean, and just "hang out". I enjoy watching my mom and Scarlett interact together. After three boys, Scarlett was the first (and so far only) granddaughter. I love the fact that she can be such a tom boy! She will jump down and play in the dirt as quick as she will put on make up. She just loves being where the action is.

I love her sense of style. She is an accessory queen! We like to call her our own little Gwen Stefani. :) She will wear two shirts, a skirt and pants, and several bracelets, necklaces and if it has pink.. any shade of pink, that means it matches. She is so carefree and silly! She can change from drama mama to silly little girl in a instant! She wants to smell all her food prior to eating it. At a birthday party recently when asked if she wanted cake and ice cream.. she replied "Can I smell it?" and she ask that question about all her food prior to eating. She is a daredevil. She is not afraid of anything! I am afraid of roller coasters and rides that get off the ground. Not her! If her height didn't stop her she would be on every single ride possible. Here at Magic Springs Ethan was holding on for his life and not Scarlett. She threw her hands up and gave out a "WEE" as they went down the hill. I could go on and on about all the things I love about her. Her daddy loves the way she always cocks her head to the side to have her picture taken, how she could eat her weight in cheese dip, and just how silly she can be. We all have our favorite things that make up our Scarlett.

We all love so much about her and are so blessed to have such a sweet "diva-like" little princess in our lives! Hard to believe she is five years old. It seems like just yesterday I was at the doctors office being told I was having a little girl. Little did I know just how much fun it would be!
Today was no exception to the madness and mayhem around our house. We left early this morning and went to Chuck E Cheese and played for a few hours. One of Scarlett's little friends went with us. Karley is leaving for Disney World so she will not be at the party so we had our own party today.
The kids had so much fun! We came back home for cake and ice cream and more play time. The video is from the cake and ice cream. You will notice you hear Scarlett telling Karley she has to SING! :) She wanted to be sure and be the center of attention at that moment. Tonight is Scarlett's birthday dinner of choice and guess what she wanted. She wanted Cheeseburgers, Macaroni and Black Eyed Peas! Not the normal, but definitely what we are having for dinner.

I hope you had a good 5th birthday, Scarlett! We all love you so much and are so thankful to be your family. I am so happy to be your mommy! I love you my little diva princess!

2 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

Happy Birthday, Scarlett. I can't believe she is five! What cute pictures!

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SCARLETT!!!!!