Thursday, May 15, 2008

Do they offer a class on toy organization 101???


Between Ethan and Scarlett we have WAY too many toys in our small house. I have tried finding creative ways to organize the toys but no matter how you organize too many toys it is still too many toys. I have put them all in bins with pictures on the bins so the kids knew which toys went where.. that didn't work. I have tried just letting the bins overflow and be totally unorganized.. that didn't work. I have now decided to move toys over into the closet, along with bins under the bed and along the wall. The toy bins are all organized and each bin has a specific purpose (at least for a brief time) but it is still TOO MANY TOYS. I would LOVE to hear your organization ideas for your kids rooms. What kind of storage ideas you have for you kids things. This has all come about just prior to a weekend trip to The Container Store. I am hoping to figure out what I need to do and get it done this weekend. This is our current system after just being organized. I need to take pictures day three and let you see what is looks like after Scarlett has played and then put her "toys away". I am hoping that as soon as the playset outside is finished the kitchen and all the accessories will be moved to the fort area. That kitchen has been a wonderful toy and served as great entertainment for three years but I think it will be just as useful OUTSIDE. That would free up a lot of room. That whole wall is the kitchen and the big bin full of food and dishes. All of this and this is not the bins underneath the bed. How do you organize your toys? What ideas have you come up with that have helped your kids in putting their toys away? The pictures on the bins helped but they were often ignored.

Lastly, I am excited about THIS:
We can get our hair into pony tails! YEAH! This was our ponytails prior to Scarlett's self imposed hair massacre. :) So, even a small ponies have made me VERY happy! It makes summer time so much easier. Her hair is growing really fast but now I am torn between getting it cut off into a cute little style. I love the wedged bob haircuts and figured while it is still short I should try it and see if I like it on her. I think she really wants her hair long again so that is probably the route we will take. She still ask "when is my hair going to grow back!". I think she thought her haircut was not near as final as it was. I had to laugh to myself as I was cleaning her room and moved the big toy bin and against the wall I saw something golden and reached for; only to realize it was a strand of her hair from the night she cut it. I guess we missed it as we were trying to recover from the massacre! ha!

Hope you had a great day!

2 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

You did a great job organizing! My idea of organizing is having a garage sale. :) I think Scarlett's hair is adorable short! I REALLY love it!

Michele said...

I have to agree with Leign Ann - the best organization is cleaning out ;). I also have shelves in the playroom that are totally out of reach and they can't get those toys down without help - so less toys available = less mess to clean up. Not that we are really all that organized though - just a bit less messy with less toys :)