Sunday, May 11, 2008

Such Wonderful Times...

Scarlett's birthday party was this weekend and we had a blast! The weather held off.. THANK Goodness! It did rain for about 15 minutes just before the party but quickly stopped. Scarlett prayed a sweet little prayer and sang a little song about how God wouldn't let it rain since he could see everything and knew her friends were coming over to play. I was very glad it didn't rain, we had far more people coming to the party than our little house could hold so it HAD to be outside. :) My sweet friend Abby called to see if I had a "back up plan".. and of course I really didn't so I was growing very worried as the skies turned dark.


The kids played and played and had the best time. They all were dirty and probably tired by the time they left. Scarlett and her little friends were SO CUTE! It is so cute to me to see all the little girls playing. I have been so blessed to still be close to all my high school friends and then we all got so lucky as to have little girls around the same age. It is so much fun to watch them all play together.


My mother always makes the cakes and this year was no exception. We tried out the tiered look and I LOVED IT! My mother really gets into the whole party scene. She kinda takes over a lot of the duties and helps me SO MUCH. I am so grateful for her help. Mostly I am grateful for her cake making abilities. There is no telling how much money she has saved me over the years making cakes for me rather it was a shower, birthday party, or a "just because" cake. She is a wonderful baker and that gene was not passed on to me. Here is a picture of the cake. I thought it turned out really well.


Our playset was not finished but the kids never seemed to notice. They played and climbed on it all afternoon. There is not a lot of work left to be done, so I am guessing it will be finished this week. Ethan and Scarlett already have planned out all the things the playhouse will "be". It will be a pirate ship for boys and a restaraunt for girls.



It was a wonderful Saturday and Scarlett had the best birthday. I am so lucky to be blessed with such wonderful family and friends. By 8pm Scarlett was so showered and cleaned and ready for bed. She was so tired from all her fun. She told me before going to bed that she was "the happiest girl" and that was worth everything. Just seeing my kids happy is what it is all about!



So thanks to everybody that came and shared her birthday with us. She was the happiest! and that makes me the happiest mom.

3 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

I loved that pic of S with AE, M, and A. It is really neat that you all have girls around the same age. Your mom did a fantastic job on the cake. I think your kids are going to have the best summer with that playset. I hope you are not planning on moving anytime soon! It is so big that I don't think you could move it, and I'm not sure the kids would leave it! Ha! I'm so glad S was "the happiest girl" on her birthday! So fun!

Megan L Hutchings said...

I am so glad everything went well! The decorations, hat, food, and CAKE look amazing!

I hope one day we can get a playground like that for Vance!

Meagan said...

Hey! Thanks for visiting my blog! I, in turn, am looking at yours and enjoying it! Loved the birthday cake - how cute?!?! Your little girl is beautiful!!!! I am sure I'll be checking back soon to learn more about one of sweet Leigh Ann's friends!!