Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Baseball Fun

Ethan had his fifth game of the season last night and he is really doing well. I just love watching the little kids out there before the game. Scarlett was able to wear her "bling" shirt to support her brothers team and she was very excited about that. The back of her shirt says "little sister" in the rhinestones and was supposed to say ETHAN's little sister.. but she decided she did not want his name on her HER shirt.. so it just says "little sister". Ethan was worried no one would know that was his sister but I assured him they would know.. believe me they know! :)


I was able to catch some pictures of the boys during their pre game warm ups.. how cute is that! They all line up on the chalked line and stretch (with a lot of playing in between). They also practice their swing and their aim during "target" practice. Ethan has a little chant he says to himself when he is getting ready to hit during each game. He repeats "see the ball, hit the ball" to himself several times and it must be working, he got a line drive down third baseline last night! It is so exciting to see the boys hit the ball and take off running! :) Next, off to the field and let the game begin. Ethan played second base last night, just like his mom! :) I have to remind myself several times during the game to let the coaches tell him what to do and me keep my mouth shut! Do you know how hard that is! I find myself yelling "Ethan, get ready" "get the glove on the ground"... all those typical baseball mom chants.. but I am trying to let the coaches steer him right and me just keep quiet in the dug out. NOT EASY! I also have to say his last name everytime I want to say something to him since there are several Ethan's on the field at any time and we have a two on our team. Ethan may ended just having to go by his last name! :) I always did and it worked out well. Lastly, we got our baseball team pictures in last night and of course I bought way too much.. but it was his first year playing so hubby went along with it. I just had to order the Baseball Magazine cover photo and it turned out so cute! I am glad I did pay the extra money just for that. I was torn between the Wheaties box cover and Magazine cover.. but I think I made the right choice, don't you?Hope you all have a great week! I am still getting things ready for the party. Thanks to my sis-in law who sent me some great Mexican appetizer recipes.. I am going grocery shopping today and finish up the decorations. I think it may be all prepared by Saturday afternoon.

2 comments:

Megan L Hutchings said...

How ADORABLE is he!!!! I am afraid that I will be the mom who chants and yells and what not. I never played sports but I do LOVE them!

Leigh Ann said...

I love those pictures, especially the magazine cover. TOO CUTE! I think he will be so great at baseball, just like you. I hope the party turns out great...I know it will. You are so good at throwing parties.