Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Ramblings..


This has been a SLOW couple of days. Monday we had our usual Monday night baseball game. Ethan is doing so well! I received the nicest email from one of his coaches, I was so proud of him I had to share a part of it. "Carey and I are both delighted with Ethan's play - he really has great hand-eye coordination and understands baseball so much more than most kids in that age group. And he is a real pleasure to have on the team...maybe the most coachable kid I've seen in the 4 years we have played at BPAA. " It feels so good as a mom to hear great things about your child. I am so happy that Ethan is enjoying the game but it is so nice that he is learning how to work as a team and how to get along with others and respect the adults. Emails like that just reaffirm that I am doing a few things right when it comes to my kids.


Tuesday was SLOW, too! :) We were going to pick strawberries with our friends Abby, Maddy and Fletcher but the orchard wasn't "picking" that day. I was disappointed, Ethan and Scarlett were so looking forward to going to the orchard. We are going to try again Friday, so I hope it works out this time. Instead of picking strawberries I cleaned house. Not my idea of fun. I had to find a organized place to put all of Scarlett's new toys. It is organized for now and looks neat.. but tomorrow that will be a whole different story.


Lastly we watched American Idol. I am so sad that it is coming to an end. We watch very little regular television but we are hooked on AI! I just LOVE David Cook! He is no Chris Daughtry..but he is pretty good. In honor of our final week of AI Scarlett sat down today and sang a little song for me.. you may recognize it. She was in quite the singing mood and acting SILLY! She has a natural flair for drama. :) Hope you have a great Wednesday.


4 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

Ethan is a great kid! We all knew that! :) That was so nice of the coach to write you that e-mail. I'm sure that made your day. That video of Scarlett made me laugh out loud!!!

Meagan said...

Too cute! And what a proud Mama you are with your baseball boy - that's really cool! It's always nice to hear praise!

Megan L Hutchings said...

How sweet! I hope to hear those same praises for Vance one day =)! What is your sis in law's name? We might know her =)! Also, the next time you come visit pack Leigh Ann in your suitcase and come see us!!!!

Meagan said...

So crazy cool that you have a Tennessee connection! Seriously, listen to Megan... you and Leigh Ann just pack up and come on over! (insert one of many funny southern phrases from La's blog... I can't think of a funny one that fits at the moment, but I know there is one!) :-)