Saturday, May 3, 2008

Birthday Week has begun...

Yesterday afternoon when we returned home from shopping there was a big box from Disney.com on our front porch. I knew I had not ordered anything.. so the excitment began. Scarlett just knew it was for her since it was "her birthday week". Ethan ran to the porch first and read the label and then yelled, "you are right, Scarlett.. it has your name on it. It is your birthday week!". Scarlett was SO EXCITED. We had to run into the house and rip the package open and this is what we found. A new Little Mermaid swimsuit, towel, shoes, sunglasses and a beach tote. She was just beside herself with excitment! She ripped her clothes off and begin taking tags off as fast as she could try it on! She looked so cute! The big package was from her Auntie Lolo, Uncle T, cousins Jacob, Lillie and Lauren and Nannie D. They all live in Tennessee so they will not be able to be here for our big party. We miss them! :)




In the meantime, we are planning a "Fiesta" for next Saturday. I need good party food ideas for a fiesta. We will have the usual salsa, cheese dip.. but what about finger foods? Anybody know any good, easy mexican style finger foods? It is not as easy as I thought to find fiesta decorations! and games???? I need help! Lots of ideas for this Fiesta are needed. I have a week.. that is plenty of time, right? ha! We will see if it all comes together in time and if it does not, I must remember the backyard will be filled with four and five year olds that could probably care less if they have food at all, they just want to play.
Hope you all have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

She looks soooo cute! I can't believe she is going to be five!!! What a nice gift Jack's family sent. I'll put my thinking cap on for party ideas. You are so good at that. I know you will pull it all off amazingly as always!

Megan L Hutchings said...

How adorable is she! Be sure to include a Pinata and even though it might not be Fiesta, limbo is always fun!

Can you make mini burritos?