Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Crunch Time...

Well, the big birthday party is on Saturday and we are in a bit of a crisis. We bought this big cool playset for Scarlett for her birthday and I had accepted the fact that it would not be put together for the party due to timing (we did not purchase it until Monday morning). But, you would have to know my mother to know that if she gets an idea in her head NO ONE is going to rest until it is completed. So, my dear dad has been her everyday working on this monstrous wooden thing in our back yard that I really need(want) finished by Saturday. We all try to help, but my dad is definitely Mr. Fix It and would rather do majority of it by himself. If he is not doing the work, he is constantly checking on you and redoing your hard work. So, I read the manual and get the screws out of bags and ready to go, which is no easy feat. Take a look at these screws. There are more screws to this thing and I have ever seen in one place! My hopes are fading on the fact of it being together by Saturday, except for one glimmer of hope because my mom and dad are both off work Friday and TRUST ME my dad will be here at sunrise if my mother has anything to say about it. :) She really is a wonderful woman.. she just wants things done QUICKLY! :)

Here is how much we have completed: and here is what is should look like when finished:
The weather did not cooperate tonight and we only were able to get the ladder together. Scarlett has her "papa" won over and as he was packing to leave she ran and gave him a big hug and told him "Thank you for getting my swing ready for my party!". He told her he would be here every chance he got until her party and he would have it ready! :) So, there will have to be a good reason if it is not ready because I know he will do his best.. with me right there beside him reading the manual and handing out the screws.

**I should mention that hubby was unable to take off work, it is a really busy time at work for him, or he would be right there beside me helping to hand out the screws and reading the manual! :) That and he has been doing the running around of the kids this week for me. Thanks, Honey! :) **

I'll let you know...


Have a good week!

2 comments:

Megan L Hutchings said...

What a cool playground and what an awesome grandfather!

Leigh Ann said...

What an awesome swing set! If anyone can get it done in time, it's Fred and Earl! Handing out the screws IS an important part!!! Good luck! I have a feeling there will be lots of playing on it come party time.