Saturday, February 16, 2008

Wayback Weekend...Sentimental Saturdays! :)


I too have started going through old pictures and thought since my everyday life does not have enough for a blog filled weekend I would post some "wayback when" pictures or Sentimental Saturdays. :) I found some pictures of hubby and I from 1995! I laughed and told my friend, Abby, the other day.. "WOW, 13 years ago.. who knew!!!??". We had been dating almost a year when this picture was taken. I remember six months into the relationship I was going to go home to Nashville, TN with him to see family and friends and just prior to leaving he told me "... we will go on this trip and see what happens..." I don't really think either one of us thought this would be a lasting relationship. He kept hanging around and I kept accepting and almost six years down the road he proposed! I remember being so excited! I was so ready to actually start planning the wedding I had already had planned for years! So, marriage.. how hard could that be!!! This picture was taken as we were leaving our wedding. I was just so happy to be married and so excited to go on our honeymoon! We went to Montreal Canada and LOVED IT there! I think that was the first time I had been away from home and not gotten homesick. Somehow being with him there it felt like home! It was so great!!! Two months in we find out we are having Ethan and were very excited but we were still dealing with learning to live together and be married. A lot of adjusting was going on in that first year of marriage!

SO... two kids, almost eight years later we are still adjusting but it is getting better everyday. Hubby balances me out! He analyzes everything.. I am impulsive! He is my rational thinking! How great is that! :) I laughed at the beginning of this year and said"... new year, new beginning" and I was serious about becoming a little more in line with his way of thinking. So far I think I have done very well! :) BUT.. I think he would have to admit how boring his life would be if I wasn't still a little spontaneous! He has to have some surprises from me.. just good ones! :) August 2007

1 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

Awwww, so sweet. Time flies doesn't it? I can remember your wedding like it was yesterday!