Saturday, February 2, 2008

Happy Birthday, Matt!


My "baby" brother turns 25 today! UGH!!! I guess that means I am really getting old since I am ten years older than him. When you are ten years old and entering your teenage years the last thing you want is a baby around that means you will have to babysit! and I did.. a lot. Being that he was so much younger than Michael and I, we put Matthew up to a lot of things. I remember telling him to go get thing I was too lazy to get up and get and you could always guarantee he would do it is you added, "I'll time you" and start counting. He would take off running! Matthew played soccer when he was younger, and as he grew older he played football and baseball. I loved watching him play ball. Jack and I started dating when he was twelve so we were able to watch him grow up. I remember for his fifteen birthday we took him to Memphis to see a Garth Brooks concert, I think that was his first concert! Matt is all grown up now and a wonderful Christian man, that God has placed in the ministry. He works as a children's pastor and I am sure he is impacting the lives of several kids every day. I am so proud of him! I Still can't believe he is 25!!! He has married a beautiful girl, named Dana, and she is a wonderful ministers wife. I am sure adjusting to our loud and crazy family has been a big adjustment! Poor Dana!! I think one of their first dates was at the Zoo with Angie (my other Sis-in-law) and Me with kids in tow. I knew she was the perfect girl for Matt when she made no objections to that date! :)

HAPPY 25TH BIRTHDAY, MATT! We love you!!!

2 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

Awwww! I can vividly remember the day you got checked out of school because your mom was in labor! I can't believe he is 25 either! I can remember him as just a little guy! I know you must be so proud of him. His wife is really pretty, too. Happy Birthday, Matt.

Matt Mo said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes and the nice words. You'll have to say many more to make up for all the crap that you and Michael put me through! I can still remember asking dad if he had seen Mike Roch!