Monday, February 11, 2008

I have a Wall of Fame Child!

This weekend was pretty boring! I work weekend option so that I can be with the kids during the week and I dread Fridays! Mostly people look so forward to their weekends but not me! I know that I will at be work all night on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. During my slow times I go to the nursery and rock the babies.. how fun is that!! I just love being over there in the nursery (when the babies are healthy and I am there simply out of choice) . Tiny babies that are just seeing the world are so precious, until there is fourteen of them crying at one time and that is my cue to leave! ! It definitely makes me want to come home and hug and kiss on my kids even though they are not really babies anymore. Do you ever stop referring to them as "your babies"???

On Saturday night we had some friends come up from Russellville for dinner and we went back to Cheeburger Cheeburger. We love that place! Ethan wanted to try the 1/2 pounder and have his picture made and be placed on the "Wall of Fame". I forgot all
about that and being that he is "my baby" knew there was NO WAY this small child would be a 1/2 pound, 10 oz to be exact, burger. So I ordered him the kids meal. BIG MISTAKE! He devoured that burger in two minutes and was then ready for his 1/2 pounder. Reluctantly we finally gave in and ordered him the "big burger". The waitress seemed shocked when she asked if we wanted a to go box with it or if he was going to eat it there and we answered ".. no he is going to eat it here". We laughed with her and said "we knew he would only eat a couple of bites but he wants to try". Well, I guess fifteen minutes is about enough time for a Cheeburger Cheeburger kids meal to empty from a six year olds stomach because when the 1/2 pounder came it took less than ten minutes and it was GONE!!! Every single last bite GONE and he did not look the least bit uncomfortable. So, at the age of six he had just eaten more than his daddy! That scares me... I am not sure we will be able to afford the grocery bill for these two when he gets "older and eats like a man"!!!

The hoopla over eating the 1/2 pounder was what Ethan wanted. He had his picture made with the big burger, signed it and placed it on the wall of fame. I should mention that Ethan had a lot of motivation from Carter, my friend Kelly's eight year old that finished off the 1/2 pounder prior to Ethan! So, there stands Carter and Ethan side by side on the Wall of Fame at Cheeburger Cheeburger. If you go eat at Cheeburger Cheeburger take a look at my wall of famer son! :)


2 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

Hilarious! I bet that burger was about as big as he is! We have never been there but want to go, so when we do go we'll be sure to look for that famous face!

Rachel said...

You might wanna change his name to Haus....I can't believe he ate that much. Poor guy was hungry!
Rachel