Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Cookies, Card and Friends! Happy Valentine's Day!

Today we had a Valentine's Day party for our friends. We decorated cards, and cookies and had lots of fun! Davis and Karlee's mothers could not stay so thank goodness for Ms. Abby for helping me out! Abby and I have been friends for over twenty years, and typing that makes me feel very old.. but don't worry Abby you will catch up with me this weekend! :) Abby has a almost five year old little girl named Maddy and my son Ethan just LOVES her! In fact when I mentioned the party and that they could invite some friends over, Maddy was the first name that Ethan mentioned. That incited a mini riot at my house since Maddy is Scarlett's friend and she was on "her list". It gave me a glimpse of how things would probably be at my house in another ten-twelve years. Well, today Maddy gave Ethan a Valentine's card and Ethan just tucked it away but after they left, he showed me the card and was all smiles and told me she "made" it just for him! I didn't have the heart to tell him that Scarlett and I got one too, so he now thinks he is number one on Maddy's list as well.
This is a picture of the kids decorating their cookies. I think I had seven different colors and we used paint brushes to paint the icing on the cookies, that worked really well. We had sprinkles and sparkles and all sorts of decorations. I think the kids ate the cookies as fast as they made them. I also had a table set up for the kids to make cards. That was a lot of fun! Cleaning up all the glitter has proven to be the most fun. :) In fact I just had to pick a piece of glitter off Ethan's eye lid.. how does it end up there???? I think everyone had a good time. I know my kids did! This may have to become a annual event. I even managed to get a card or two made myself. After the last child left and I had picked up the living room to atleast presentable I called hubby and let him know it was safe to return home. :) I did get the kids still long enough, or most of them still long enough for a picture. Karlee had already had to leave so this is the rest of the crew. Looks like I caught Ethan in the middle of saying something. Whatever it was it had Fletcher's attention. Hope you all have a wonderful, chocolate filled Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

I wish we could have been there. So much fun. Evan has that same shirt Ethan is wearing!

Anonymous said...

We had so much fun! Thank you for all of your work in putting that together! Maddy told Damon that she had a surprise for him but couldn't tell him what it was. In her next breath she says, "I made you a CARD, and we have some CANDY for you!!!" She just couldn't contain herself!

Abby