Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Happy Mardi Gras!!! Time to CELEBRATE!!!!

Monday was a great day! One of my friends from Russellville was in town and we went to lunch at Cheeburger Cheeburger. If you have never gone there I recommend it! They had the absolute best burgers! We liked it so much her whole family is coming back Saturday and we are going out to dinner again. Scarlett's first gymnastics class was Monday evening and she was so excited! She was dressed and ready at 3pm. She practiced her splits and sommersaults all afternoon! Once class started she did not want me anywhere near it so I got very few pictures. If she saw me she would say, "go, go, get away from the window!" Her she is doing her warm up stretches. How cute are they???

Today is Mardi Gras! We h
ave a tradition at my house that we have a "Mardi Gras" party. We decorate the table and cook cajun food and have a big feast! Today I cooked shrimp gumbo, and the best muffaletta I have made so far! It was SO GOOD! I found some cheddar jalepeno bread in the Wal Mart bakery and just loved it! Worked great for that extra spicy sandwich. The kids enjoy decorating and helping me cook the food. We normally do a Kings Cake, but I slacked this year and forgot all about that until dinner was over. OOPS! Better luck next year! I was trying to explain to the kids about Mardi Gras and Ash Wednesday and in the process explain lent.. I don't think I was doing a very good job! I knew it was not sinking in when Ethan asked me if "people in Arkansas had Lent, too.. or if that was just in Louisiana". Off to the internet for help! Here is a picture of my muffaletta. I used a roasted red pepper tampenade instead of black olive.. maybe that is why I liked it better.

I am looking forward to the rest of our week, we are going to have a blast! Tomorrow we are going to start making our chinese lanterns for a Chinese New Year celebration Thursday night! Can't wait!





2 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

Love the gymnastics pic. So cute! I'm sure she will be a tumbler in no time. I can just see it. I'm so impressed with the sandwich. Looks great! I think I would like it better without the olives, too. Yum!

joel winters said...

I'm glad the worship blog is helpful to you! Good to hear from you too.