Friday, February 15, 2008

Showin' Some Love...


I hope everyone had a great Valentine's Day! We had a lot of fun, it started Tuesday with our party and I guess it will not end until next week when we go to the Razorback game, which was a Valentine for the whole family! :) Wednesday night Scarlett and I had a date and went to see the Broadway play "ANNIE". It was a lot of fun, and she came away with the fact that Annie had FAT HAIR! It was definitely a little over a four year olds head.. but she sat up and paid attention when they sang and when Annie returned with curlie hair after being "spiffed up".

Valentine's Day started off with a BANG! Ethan learned, or at least I think he learned, that maybe a six year olds stomach is not supposed to hold a 1/2 pound burger. He ate one AGAIN.. but this one did not quite settle in well on his little stomach. He was up sick at 3:30 am!! and again at 4:30 am!! Nothing like being woke up to the noise of "ralph and earl"! ha! and laundry at 3:30 am is not my idea of a good time! We laughed because seven years ago on Ethan's first Valentine's day he woke us up that morning with the same surprise! Nothing like greeting my Valentine first thing in the morning under those circumstances! Thank goodness it was not, or at least does not appear to be a stomach bug; just a case of the eyes really are bigger than the stomach.

That afternoon we went shopping at "Lads and Ladybugs" a boutique for little kids and they were having a 75% off sale! I took my mother with me.. I know when to take the mom shopping! Big sale, means lots of things for me and her to buy! Unfortunately, their clothing stops at size 4T, so nothing for Ethan but Scarlett got some of the cutest things! Everything was marked down so much! I got the cutest winter coat for $24 (or should I say my mom bought it for Scarlett) and this Anavini smocked dress! HOW CUTE IS THAT! I got it for $16. Sure it is a size 6 months but it will make the best shower gift for somebody! It was too cute not to get! If only my baby was small enough to wear that dress. :( Oh well.. wishful thinking!! They grow up TOO FAST!!!

We had decided just to stay home and have a nice quiet dinner with the family. My sweet husband showed up with a dozen roses for me and of course something for the kids. They had wondered all day "what daddy would bring them" and he did not disappoint! More Disney Cars for Ethan and a purple princess phone and dress up jewelry for Scarlett! I normally do not have anything for him, but this year I surprised him! He had been wanting the Towncraft box set, which is a documentary about the music scene in Little Rock in the nineties! I was able to buy it without his knowledge and surprise him! Brownie points for me! We had a great Valentine's Day and I look forward to many more to come! I love ya, honey! and I am sure we will have fun at the Razorback game next week!

Hope you all had a great day, too!

2 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

Sounds like a wonderful V Day. Glad Scarlett liked Annie. Stone liked it, too. Love that little dress. I went to Strasburg Children today right by Cupcakes but didn't find anything I flipped over. I should have gone to Cupcakes, too. I just never dreamed they would have a sale. Kind of pricey in there, but sounds like you found some deals. Should have gone with you!

His Doorkeeper said...

Michelle, Thanks for coming over to visit at my blog! You have the cutest kids...Wow! And that little dress, well, I would have bought it too! I buy baby clothes all the time and we don't have a grandbaby yet but I will be ready when we do!!