Tuesday, January 20, 2009

WOW, a year sure does fly by when you are having fun...

I have been watching and waiting all weekend for updates from Kelly regarding Harper. I have done little else. I am so glad to hear that she is doing better. The power of prayer is amazing! I will continue to pray for Kelly, Scott and baby Harper. What an amazing story that little girl will have; God will surely work through her as she grows.

I noticed today that it has been a year since I started blogging! Wow, what a year it has been. This has been the most fun I have had in a while. It has become so much more to me than just a blog. I have made new friends, I have learned new things about old friends. I have created memories for my family, I have been so blessed through this blog.

I started looking back over the last year and several post made me laugh. It was so great to see what amazing fun as a family we had during 2008. Here are a few of my favorite memories, you can click on the links to read the original post:

The Great Mudbowl 2008 : How much fun was that day! Ethan and Jacob are the best of friends. They are not able to see each other near as often as we would love, but when they are together it is so wonderful to watch them play. This day was no exception! I have NEVER, NEVER, NEVER seen two little boys so dirty!!! That was such a great day.

The great hair debate of '08 : Some were memories I could have never had to relive again, like Scarlett chopping off her hair the night before Easter. I guess that is what you get when you have a very head strong determined four year old for a child ( a four year old that knows where scissors are).

My princess turned five years old in 2008 : Sweet Scarlett is growing up right before my eyes. It makes me so sad to see her getting so big. After reading this post I thought about how quickly six years was approaching. That made me really sad...

My sweet aunt Myrtle passed away on Christmas Eve. She was 95 and she was ready to go and be with Jesus. I am so glad we shared her final birthday here on Earth with her. She never had children of her own, but oh how she loved kids!

There were so many memories packed into this blog. I could keep going on and on about my favorite post. Ethan turned seven, we moved into a new house, there were Razorback games, baseball, soccer, cheerleading and so much more.

I feel so blessed to have the amazing family I have. I am such a lucky mom! I have two of the most amazing kids.

Here it is 2am, and as usual I am wide awake.. one of the unfortunate side effects of 15 years of night shift. Scarlett will soon be six years old but she will always be my baby. She just woke up crying because she was in bed by herself. I still race to her side, tell her everything is okay and of course pick her up and put her in bed with her daddy and I. I have come to realize I don't really want some things to change...Time for bed, I have a five year old that needs me...

Oh, and I almost forgot.. the tent.. well that didn't work out so well. Seems that I am a bit challenged in the ways of tent making. I drug our big ol'camping tent into the house, opened it up and TRIED to put it together. Oh how I wish I had pictures! That was a riot!!! After a few attempts I gave up and put the thing back in the package and promised them we would built the tent outside as soon as it warmed up!!! We have settled for a few of the classic chair and blanket tents, but it seems playing the Wii is more important and the tent just got in the way. So for now, we are back to our beds and waiting for a nice spring day.

2 comments:

Givens-Craig Family said...

I am SO glad you blog. The tent is too funny. I wondered what happened with all of that. Enjoy the Wii!!!

Megan L Hutchings said...

I am so glad that you started blogging and I was able to make a new friend ;)!