Friday, March 14, 2008

The Great MUDBOWL 2008

My cute little nephew and niece from Tennessee are here to spend the night with us and my kids could not be MORE excited! Ethan and Jacob (6) are three months apart in age and Scarlett and Lillie(4) are only one month apart. We do not get to see Jacob and Lillie near enough and they kids are SO CUTE when they are all together...but it is like mass pandemonium! We got lucky this time and my sis in law decided they could spend the night with us! What a ball! They day started with a big MESS!!! MUDBOWL 2008 in our backyard! Our backyard holds water since we are at the bottom of a hill.. and it is currently a big mudpit! So, what do you do??? Stay inside.. NEVER!! You go out in grungy clothes and play FOOTBALL! Hubby, Ethan and Jacob played tackle football and when they were all through I had the messiest couple of little boys you have ever seen. Lillie and Scarlett jumped on the trampoline for a bit but then decided a bubble bath and make up was much more fun. They quickly came
inside. Here are my two cute little girls! All nice and clean and ready for popcorn and a movie...but that will change. I've promised to curl hair and put on make up and let them play dress up.. I will post those pictures when we are all through getting "spiffed" up!

,,,and here are my boys!!! Be prepared this may be the messiest pair of boys you have seen....

They played with everything they had, all in, nothing held back! They were so messy they had to be sprayed off before they could even come in the house. Can you guess what I am doing now??? Laundry of course! Hubby called my sis in law and told her about the mudpit...she didn't believe in! I sent her a text message with a picture.. we will see what she says! :) It is hard to believe that two boys that do not particularly like to be dirty had such a ball in the MUDBOWL! Todd and Leslie may never trust us with their kids again! :) I hope they do.. because we are having a ball! So, wish us luck tonight! This will also be the first time Jacob and Lillie have spent the night away from home without their mom and dad. Our goal is to get them all so tired when it is bedtime nobody notices where they are. Up early in the morning for our first spring soccer game! Yippee!!!

0 comments: