Thursday, January 1, 2009

the week after...

Christmas came and went and we were still having a good time. On Sunday night the 28th, we celebrated Christmas at my in-laws since Autie Lolo, Uncle T, Jacob, Lillie and Lauren came to Arkansas to see us! The kids were so happy to get to play with their cousins again so soon. Lauren fell in LOVE with Gizmo! I am almost positive she NEVER put him down unless she was absolutely forced. :) It was very sweet. I definitely see a puppy in her future.
On Monday, I turned 36!! Yikes! I sometimes wonder when I got so old when I still feel so young! I had a great birthday, and I am STILL waiting for my mint chocolate chip ice cream cake! UH HUM.. MOM!!!! I did make the only cake I know how to make. I can't bake at all except a coconut cake, and I make a very good coconut cake.The kids played for two days straight and had the best time. Lots of football was played in our front yard and Gizmo received lots of love!

Scarlett told me on Wednesday afternoon that she wished she lived in Tennessee so she could see her friends (cousins) everyday! I know she time is coming when the week long visits in the summer will need to start, but how do you let go??? I am going to have to prepare for the first time Ethan asked to go stay at Jacob's without us. I know the day will come.

New Years Eve we stayed home and partied! ha! We spread out the food all over the bar and munched and watched TV. Did you see that motorcycle jump across the Paris Hotel in Las Vegas??? WOW! That guy is amazing.. but definitely crazy! We watched Dick Clark's Rockin' New Years Eve and played several games of bowling on the Wii. Our neighbors shot off a ton of fireworks at midnight, so we had a great display right out our back window.

2008 was a wonderful year filled with new friends, new experiences, and so many blessings. I am so thankful for such a wonderful year! I look forward to 2009 with my wonderful family! Happy New Year Everybody!!!

2 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

Look at you and your coconut cake! Sounds like a perfect New Year's Eve to me. Happy New Year, Morgan!

Megan L Hutchings said...

Girl, I have missed you so much but I KNOW you have been busy ;)! I am so glad you were able to get settled in the new house and you enjoyed a wonderful Christmas. It looks like that puppy is going to bring tons of joy!!!