Monday, January 12, 2009

What a wonderful world...

This weekend has been Heaven! It has been so long since we have taken a weekend to ourselves and done absolutely NOTHING!! I can't remember the last time I had a whole weekend off with nothing to do. It was great!


Friday after school work was finished my granny and my uncle came by the house and visited. Ethan talked Uncle James into playing a few games of basketball and they had a great time! After winning a game he decided he would leave on a high note! We ran to Sonic for my last Diet Coke with Lemon. I am going on a hiatus. I still go to Sonic, but last year discovered a big Route 44 ice water with lemon was almost as good. (Yes, I will keep telling myself that). :) I finally finished getting the last of my Christmas items down and in the attic. I felt very accomplished!


Saturday morning the kids had their first Upwards games. The kids looked so cute in their uniforms. Ethan was up bright and early on is own and had on all his accessories. He even had on white sweat bands. He likes to accessorize his uniforms! A boy after his mothers heart.



Ethan had the dreaded 9am game! Early for a family that likes to stay up late and sleep in. Ethan played really hard and was great on defense. He is usually a very passive player so we were happy to see him hustle and stay after his opponent. He didn't score any points.. but the guy he defended didn't score any points either. :) Next we were off to Scarlett's game. She was so excited to be able to get out there and cheer. She was able to watch the other cheerleaders at Ethan's game so I think that helped her get ready for her game.




Scarlett and Ethan both did so well. I was so proud of them. Scarlett and I had a long talk before the game about "what if she messed up"... I made sure she knew that just trying her best was all that mattered. After each game the kids are given awards for their particpation. Ethan received the Best Effort Star to put on his jersey and Scarlett was given the Most Spirit star for her megaphone. They were proud of themselves!

After the games we went to lunch with some of our friends and had a great visit. The kids were happy to see their friend. Saturday afternoon I did something I had not been able to do in months... I took a NAP! It felt so good to curl up in bed and sleep a few hours (okay, maybe it did end up being several hours). I woke up at 7pm!!! Luckily I had already fixed some soup for dinner it just needed to be warmed.

Sunday was definitely a day of rest. I took another nap Sunday afternoon!!! I was spoiled this weekend. Nothing to do, no one to see and I took full advantage of my "free" time!

Of course all this sleeping is having a negative effect on me at this particular moment. It is 2:55 am and I am WIDE AWAKE!!! I have folded ALL my laundry, cleaned the bathtub, taken a bath and still do not feel sleepy! I guess I need to quit sleeping so much! ha!

Hope you all have a wonderful week!

2 comments:

Megan L Hutchings said...

Bless your heart! I have heard you are a night owl and do your best work in the wee hours ;).

I am so proud of E & S! They both look dressed and ready to take on the world in their little outfits :)! Tell Ethan that defense wins games!!!

Lindsay-ann said...

Your kids did great and they looked amazing. Thanks for showing them enjoying their weekend.
It's great to have a weekend doing nothing sometimes. It gives us chance to re-charge and relax before Monday comes around again.
Lindsay