Monday, July 14, 2008

Monday, Monday and a Happy Birthday, too

Today was my great aunt Myrtle's 93 or 94 birthday, not sure how old she was turning. My granny says 93 and my mom said 94.. and these days you really don't know who to believe! ha! So, she has lived a very long and blessed life. That much was for sure. My Aunt Myrtle has never had kids of her own so she loves it when the we all come visit. I remember growing up and she lived in Ohio, we drove up there to see her. She always enjoyed having us around. My kids just love going to see her. Today they made her home made cards and took her some flowers they had picked in our yard, along with some other things. They were so sweet. She has been in a nursing home now for a little less than a year. At one point today, I thought about how we had four generations of daughters in the room; my granny, my mom, myself and Scarlett. How lucky am I! We had a great visit. My mom helped Aunt Myrtle eat lunch while my granny did this...
You would have to know my granny. She is just crazy like that! I am a lot more like my granny than my mom. My mom likes to color inside the lines at all times.. and granny and I we believe the lines are just an option at times! ha! She sometimes has her very own thought process. We joke around at my house and call them "granny-isms". I am trying to start writing them down. Those will be the things that years after she is gone will always bring a smile to our face. Just be around her for fifteen minutes and you will hear a few "granny-isms" yourself.


Hope you all are having a great Monday! :) I am off to play softball in a little bit. It is too hot! I am so glad I only have two games left. They will not be over with fast enough this season.

4 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

I love your granny. Aunt Myrtle looks so sweet. I'm sure you guys made her day!

Anonymous said...

I love the pic of Granny! I hope to be as good a granny one day! You must be alot faster at this blogging than I am, I still have months to catch up on. Ha

Megan L Hutchings said...

This is so sweet! I think your granny and my mom would have a blast...she is all about coloring outside of the lines!

Abby said...

You are so lucky to still have those ladies in your life!