Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Update from the Gulf...


Hubby and I have decided this week, we are the ONLY people left without a laptop computer and therefore that will be a new purchase as soon as we get home. I finally borrowed my brothers computer and thought I would give a quick update of what we have been doing.
Last Thursday we drove all day and finally arrived in Pensacola at 10pm. We were exhausted. We did stop on the way and take a quick tour through Vicksburg. Ethan LOVED it. He is so in interested in world history and the Civil War. My nephew, Mitchell, went with us so he could get to the beach a couple of days early. I think he likes to "roll" with his auntie! ha! Friday we managed to find a beach in Pensacola and go swimming for a little while and then we went to eat dinner at one of the best seafood restaurants I have ever tried. It came highly recommended so we gave it a go and we LOVED it! :) It was Hall's Seafood near Pensacola Beach. If you ever go there I highly recommend their food. Next we went out on the Pier at Pensacola Beach. That was really nice. Such a beautiful view and the weather was perfect for a leisurely walk. We decided then to head back to the hotel and on our way the kids noticed the HOT NOW light on in a familiar favorite. Can you guess what we had next??? Krispy Kreme Donuts! YUM!!! We were all exhausted and returned to our hotel with a full stomach and ready for some sleep. We got up early Saturday morning and went to the National Museum of Naval Aviation. The kids were in awe to be around that many planes and helicopters. They had the best time. We ate lunch at the Cubi Cafe which was a replica type Cafe they had built at the museum. My dad was in the Navy and lived aboard the aircraft carriers when I was a baby, so we checked out his carrier, the U.S.S. Forrestal, and explained to the kids the history and that their Papa had been on that big ship. :) It was finally time to go to the beach house. We my grandmother, my parents and both of my brothers and their families at the house. So far we are having the BEST TIME. We have been ot the see the dolphins, went crab hunting and just layed around the beach all day! Ethan was stung by a jelly fish on our first day here! OOPS! I am going parasailing tomorrow! I can't wait I have always wanted to but have been chicken. Mitchell agreed to go with me so we are going to try it out. Wish me luck! I will post another upate tomorrow night.

2 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

Sounds like you are having a blast! I can't get over how much Mitchell looks exactly like Michael did at that age! Amazing! Tell Jack to take plenty of pictures of you parasailing. That I gotta see! Have fun!

Megan L Hutchings said...

How Exciting! I am so glad that you are taking a break from all of your moving craziness ;)!

We visited Pensacola last year and Vance loved the museum! You will also have a GREAT time parasailing! It is a fabulous time to chat with God!