Sunday, August 10, 2008

Overdue update...

Since I was so bad and did not update all week, even after I figured out I did have computer access I figured I would put it all under a couple of LONG post. Most of it will be pictures so bear with me.
Tuesday: We went on a dolphin cruise. This was one of my favorite things last year but this year was a little slow. The dolphins did not play along as well and we saw just a few while out on the boat. But being on a boat in the ocean is still a wonderful thing. Here is a group picture before we left. :) The kids did so well with most of the pictures. I know towards the end of the week they were all tired of having their picture taken ever time they turned around. Here is another picture of one of the dolphins that actually did a few tricks for us. He jumped about 6 feet over the water and did a big flip. The kids loved that!














WEDNESDAY: That was the day for parasailing. The day I just knew I would meet my doom! I was so nervous and scared of what I am not sure, I just knew it did not sound like something that guaranteed my safety. My 13 year old nephew agreed to be my partner and we suited up and were geard for take off. You can tell the panic on my face. I am taking extra deep breaths and trying to calm myself down....
Once I did calm down and were up in the air, it was amazing! I just LOVED it. It felt like we were just floating in the clouds. My nephew spotted a shark down below up and just for a minute I had a couple of panic moments thinking about what would happen if we came crashing down! ha!
Thursday: I spent all morning and most of the afternoon at the outlet mall shopping! I had the day to myself. I wandered in and out of stores and found some great deals. We tried to take some pictures on the beach once I arrived home and we had planned Thursday night to be our bonfire on the beach... the weather had other plans. Just as we were taking pictures a big storm rolled in and ruined our bonfire idea. So we had grilled hotdogs and oven toasted smores in the house instead. :)






Three of my four newphew and my two kids hanging out on our pier.




Ethan looking way more grown up than I am ready for...

Scarlett with one of her many poses... She loved having her pictures taken...


Me and two of my favorite people in the world. I was one lucky mommy to be on the beach with my family for a week. We had the best time! :)

One more update post.. I promise! :)


2 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

I'm proud of you for trying something new. That looks SO fun!

Megan L Hutchings said...

I knew you would love it once you got up there ;)!

I really like the pics of the kiddos!