Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Miss Manners here we come..

This may offend some and it definitely may be TMI.. but it was amusing and disturbing at the same time. You see, I don't guess I am a "true southerner" I do not like fried chicken. Never have! I don't like chicken on the bone and I do not like anything but white meat.. which means I like boneless skinless chicken breast. That's it. That is what you will find at my house. Even better are the new trimmed and ready chicken breast. Last night while my children were at my parents house they had fried chicken. Scarlett LOVES fried chicken! She is a girl after her papa's heart. Her nana sent her a piece of chicken home and once home she went to the kitchen table to eat her chicken. She cleaned that piece of chicken! To the point that hubby and I both said "GROSS!" "Stop, put that down!". She looked at us and said, "What, this is what my papa does!" "It's good". That was definitely a habit of my dad's that I was hoping she would not pick up on! Growing up I remember my dad clearing off some meat! I am so bad that chicken wings are a total waste on me! I don't get anywhere near the bone. It is more economical for me to just not eat them. Can you imagine her at TWENTY FIVE and starting to date and she cleans a bone that well! UGHH!!! We laughed, but I really think we just wished she would not enjoy her chicken quiet so much! Her hands were greasy, her face was greasy and she was loving every minute of it! I think we will have to find a etiquette class for our fried chicken loving girl!

3 comments:

Abby said...

I am LOL! That is hysterical, especially the description of her dating at 25 while she gnaws on her chicken bones!

Givens-Craig Family said...

25 and starting to date? I think that is some wishful thinking on the part of Jack. HA That is just too funny. I laughed out loud more than once reading it.

Megan L Hutchings said...

LOL right now! She is so cute...even with her greasy smile. She might find someone who loves a girl who can clear a bone...LOL!