Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Hot Sticks and Amoxicillin

What could those to possibly have in common? If you were in my house this weekend.. a lot! My sweet little long blonde haired daughter has the straightest hair in the WORLD and she wants it curled daily! I try a lot of times with hot rollers they just will not work and this weekend I got a better idea.. why not HOT STICKS! They used to make my hair super curly way back in the day.. so I wondered if they still made them. I promised her we would find something that would curl her hair just as soon as I got home from working 7p-7a on Saturday night. In the meantime both Ethan and Scarlett are not feeling well and beginning to run a high fever.











By the time I get home Sunday they are really sick, with temps over a 102' so being that I work at a hospital I decided to take them up the ER and let the doctor have a look.. STREP THROAT! UGH!!! Scarlett has never been on antibiotics and Ethan just once, so I was worried about them; mainly Scarlett, taking her medication. The pharmacy must have these things figured out, Scarlett medication is in a nice clear bottle that proudly shows off the bright pink medication and Ethan's is in a red bottle that makes it appear red! Such joy over pink medication that taste like bubble gum! But then again.. it is day one.. not day ten... let's see how we do three times a day for ten days! :)

Back to the curlers, I kept my promise and Sunday evening after our visit to the ER I sat down with my newly purchased pink and green box of Hot Sticks and curled Scarletts hair and it worked fabulously! She was so proud of her hair, she said, "..it's big, but it's pretty and that's good!".






















and yes my pictures look funny! The color is off, which means there is an operator error. I bought a new camera and I have not figured out how to use it unless I am outdoors.. outdoors it takes great pictures but indoors, well the settings must be all wrong. :) Thus, another great reason to blog.. I can work on my photography.

1 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

I'm so sorry the kids are sick. I bet they are already feeling better though. Antibiotics seem to work quickly in my house. Scarlett's hair looks so cute. Isn't it funny we always want what we don't have as I spend 20 minutes a day straightening my curly hair and my sister also curls Sarah's straight hair! Straight or curly, Scarlett is a doll!