Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Homeschooling a Drama Queen!

Homeschool? That sounded like a wonderful plan to be able to keep my sweet children at home just a little longer.. but if you homeschool one you homeschool the other I heard my husband say.. and well, my second born, AKA Scarlett is a bit of a drama mama! Ethan is eager to learn, ready to do anything and she wants to color, cut , draw and glue all day! She is a lefty, so I of course blame a lot of it on that, she is just more of a creative soul. Over the past YEAR I have tried to get Scarlett to write her name, and if you could see the piles of a wasted paper, that she destroys when she writes one letter wrong and gets mad. She wants to do things right the first time and if it is not or if I begin to correct her, she tears it up and says " I can't do this!" (this is an older picture, but this is a face often seen at my house when it is "time to do school work) and goes back to coloring which is something she does very well. But yesterday was the day, I was so excited!!! Scarlett wrote her name, her whole name TWO TIMES! and her handwriting, being that we have worked on it for a year prior to getting the whole name down on paper is very neat for a four year old! I was so proud of her! Can you tell she liked the letter E? I had to teach both of by telling them "run to first base, then round second and to third and then all the way home" HUH??? you ask.. just write and letter E and say that in your head.. it works!

The second "lesson" of the day was writing the number 3.. Scarlett wrote her number three and then wanted to color the dolls, which she did. Then the tables were turned, she looked at me and said, "Now you tell me, which doll has on the different dress?" ha! Pretty smart girl!

1 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

Hilarious! She does have great handwriting. I'm impressed! I applaud you for homeschooling.