Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Gilrs night..POKENO!



I recently started playing Pokeno with a group of friends from church and I have had the best time playing and laughing and knowing that once a month I have a "date" with the girlfriends! January was my night to host, and being that my house is too small to host a big group and fit all the tables in I asked my mom if she would host and fill if for one of the missing girls. You would have to know my mother to know that she takes an idea and runs with it, and pretty much takes charge and leaves me with nothing to do even though it is my game, my friends, and my job to host. I came home grumbling about how she had taken over and was doing it all and I my sweet husband reminded me that I should be thankful! I stopped to think about how right he was, how many women would love to even still have their mothers around, much less welcome the chance for their mother to help out, take over and be there as a major supporter. I realized how blessed I have been and I have truly taken advantage of the fact that my mother is still 100% a mom. I am thirty five, married with two kids, and she still will jump in and do anything I need just like I was still at home. Next time my mom wants to jump in and help, and even take charge I will simply say "Thank you!" and know that deep down she needs to be helping me out just as much as I need her to still be there for me. Hopefully my mom will decide to join us and meet us for a game of Pokeno every month, she really enjoyed her "girl's night out" .

2 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

I think you are so right. I think about when Evan and Ella get older and how I'll still want to stuff for them. It will be nice if they let me!:) You have such great parents and I'm so glad they were part of my life growing up and that I still know them. You are a lucky girl! I can't wait for our girls' night. Don't forget about the 26th!

Kelly said...

Hi - I lived with Leigh Ann in college and just LOVE her! So I'm glad to meet a friend of hers - you must be sweet if ya'll are BFF!
Your kids are cute - your daughter's hair is beautiful!!!
Welcome to blogging!