Monday, July 7, 2008

Ode to the Drama Queen


After dealing with a few more episodes of my little drama queen's behavior today I started looking up the exact definition of a drama queen. It was funny that once I started reading definitions, almost every one that gave a classic example of a drama queen listed Scarlett O'Hara. Just a coincidence I assume! :) Maybe Scarlett's are just destined to be a bit dramatic. As long as there never comes a day and my sweet, but often dramatic child looks at me and says "..Frankly my dear momma, I don't give a d@mn!..." I think we will be okay.

I found a few poems that I thought were really funny, so I tweaked them a bit to make them fit my Scarlett accurately. I give her a hard time and it can be extremely nerve damaging to deal with at times but would I really change her if I could??? No way!

Here is my tweaked version of a "Ode to the Drama Queen":

We all have crises of different degrees
but her cries of mistreatment
bring me to my knees
Even little things are blown out of proportion
Small tales are twisted by distortion
A few drops of water and it's a flood
A hemorrhage is when she sees a tiny bit of blood
Slip and fall and she's got a broke spine
Give her a spat and you've "busted her behind"
This child is a real smooth talker...
if she sprains her ankle I fear she will need a walker
A funny look from a friend and "they're being mean"
and don't even ask her to make her room clean
The daily doses of dramatic flair
occasionally make me glare...
I wouldn't changer her if I could
One day she will be on stage in Hollywood!

So to all of that, I make the appropriate noise (sigh)
But you know that I might just lose my poise
So this is a fervent wish to the One up on high
And I send this prayer straight up to the sky
Please keep her safe, and give me the patience of a saint
Because Heaven help her, if I hear one more complaint.

Can you tell life has been a little slow. I don't have much to blog about! We are having out swim party tonight so I will have pictures and lots to talk about. Ethan is so excited! Can't wait!

Have a great Monday!

2 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

Life would be boring without all that drama! I hope ya'll have a great time tonight!

Megan L Hutchings said...

I agree with Leigh Ann! Sometimes we need a little drama in our lives to spice things up a bit ;)!